Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)

Article about: Hello, decisions ,decisions! Just spotted this B&NL award that is obviously nowhere near as nice as the Juncker award that I posted earlier, but is also considerably cheaper! This one ap

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)

Hello, decisions ,decisions! Just spotted this B&NL award that is obviously nowhere near as nice as the Juncker award that I posted earlier, but is also considerably cheaper! This one appears to be a mid war Zinc piece with a good amount of finish to it, the only thing that makes me question this one is how "red" the rust/corrosion looks on the needle pin and hinge? It may be fine but I would appreciate your input and thoughts as I am not 100% on this one especially as B&NL awards are so heavily faked. Thanks in advance ,Leon.Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)
    P
    Many

Hi Leon,

Looks O.K., complete and unmessed with, but as you say, not in the same league as the Juncker. If it were up to me i'd hang the expense and go for the J3.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned ,thanks for your expert opinion ,i think you may well be right about the expense. At the end of the day quality always wins out!! Leon.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Leon,

Looks O.K., complete and unmessed with, but as you say, not in the same league as the Juncker. If it were up to me i'd hang the expense and go for the J3.

Regards, Ned.
    Go for the Juncker!

?

Smile Roag

Hello Leon,
    If it was an early B&NL I would say go for it (early examples are harder to get than a J3 Juncker), this is not an early example so in this case go for the J3.

Jody

BTW, here is an early B&NL with war-time repair (what makes this badge neat is that it came from an American guard that worked at the famous Papago Park POW camp here in Phoenix, AZ). I got this badge when I was 12 years old for $18.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL)  Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (B&NL) 

Thank you gentlemen , I think that the "nod" most definitely goes to the Juncker then!! Leon.

go the extra mile.