Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Article about: Hello Forum Here I am again with item #3 from my late grandfather's shoebox. I think it is a 1944 unqualified air gunner/flight engineer badge (without lightening bolt) by W. Deumer Ludensch

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Hello Forum

Here I am again with item #3 from my late grandfather's shoebox. I think it is a 1944 unqualified air gunner/flight engineer badge (without lightening bolt) by W. Deumer Ludenscheid. Is it genuine? and if so, please suggest a value.

In one of the side shots it looks bent and I am not sure whether it is supposed to be. As with all my badges, they look like they need a clean, should I? and if so how should I do this?

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und BordmechanikerFliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

As always your pro-advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker
    P
    Many

Hi Rob,

A genuine all zinc late Air gunner badge c.43-45 with long barrel hinge and large catchplate that's lost it's finish. A fair collector to collector price for this would be around $375-$425 imo.

Best left as is, bent and dusty.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yep a textbook "Deumer" zinc badge.

KR
    Joe

good.

?

Good original badge with a mean looking eagle!

Please don't try and clean it or bend it back into shape. Old zinc might have a tendency to be brittle and you could end up snapping it. I would not recommend cleaning any badge unless it absolutely needs it - for example - it's been dug up or needs some attention to preserve it.
    The finish has long gone and you are down to the base metal, no amount of 'cleaning' will bring it back, in fact the dirt build up in the crevices actually enhance the details and make it much more desirable to the collector.

Here's my badge for comparison:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

As always thank you all for advice. It was very interesting comparing badges.

Regards
    Rob

Hello there,

Can only echo the others in this thread, a fine original.

William Kramer