Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker

Article about: Hello, I would appreciate opinions on this badge. Unfortunately these are the only pictures I have available.

Joe, for the sake of research and fair use here is the detail below:

description:
    A Brüder Schneider Wein (BSW) Made Air Gunner (AG) Badge With No Blitz - Buntmetal. The Blitz Removal Is Assumed Since There Has Not Been Another Example Like It Found Yet. Is Is Professionally Done And Is Most Likely A Factory Made Adjustment. It May Well Be A Totally New Discovery From BSW - We Just Need To See More Examples Such As This To Surface To Try And Verify A New Discovery. Hopefully Time Will Tell.

I have a feeling that this could be a 'Tucker' made piece who was in operation in the early 2000s

Cheers
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker
    P
    Many

Had in the past some Luftwaffe badges from "BSW" in my collection.

Here are some old pics from a textbook ROAG out from my collection.

IMO there are some different points to see, when we compare this badge with the badges in the thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker  

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen fur Bordschutzen und Bordmechaniker  

That is a lovely badge Joe and one I wouldn't have a problem adding to my collection.

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks for the picture Doug.

This badge is looking textbook BSW fore sure. A good picture to see the details. All is looking fine.

For me the first time that i see this kind of catch.

Regards
    Joe

Hi, the first badge posted has a rounded gap between the talons as does the second one. If the bolts had been there and removed that area would be filled in which it is not, Joe's award is a good one that shows this difference. For me, putting that with the type of catch I have not seen on a BSW condemns it as bad. Leon.

Edit: Saw this at the moment....GCA Forum | Access denied.

I think i was not wrong. The badge out from the GCA database was textbook in every way for BSW, but the other two badges are fakes.

Regards
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2