Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)

Article about: Hello guys and girls! I am looking to maybe "dip my toe" into the sea of badges once more and thought that I would ask for your learned opinions on the Juncker marked award. It loo

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Ha Ha ,nice one Jody, now those are prices I would be more than happy to pay!! Unfortunately I have bought this one from a UK dealer who is not known for its "charitable" care of the collecting community! They are also known for having the odd "duffer" amongst their inventory but on the whole they are no worse than the rest as we all make mistakes! I think I bought this one from the 2025 catalogue as it has emptied my pockets to the tune of £425!! Oh well, it won't be going anywhere soon anyway, all the best, Leon.
    Hi Leon,
    It is only money, and the price does not sound too bad for a nice J3. I thought you would appreciate the prices from 30 years ago. You know back than the stuff wasn't cheap either.

Regards,
    Jody

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)
    P
    Many

Hi All, the Adler has landed! I think you will agree that it was worth the "extra pennies" to buy this Juncker rather than the cheaper B&NL award. Here are a few extra pictures with some nice catch and hinge close-ups. All the best ,Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)  

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)  

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)   Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)  

Looks even better there! Nice photo's!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello Leon,
    That is a nice piece! Very nice!

Jody

Thank you gentlemen, I am pleased with it. Do you chaps have any idea as to the rough time line for the production run of these J3 type badges? All the best ,Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Thank you gentlemen, I am pleased with it. Do you chaps have any idea as to the rough time line for the production run of these J3 type badges? All the best ,Leon.
    A safe estimate of production timeline of J3 badges in tombak and/or nickel would be end of 1941 but most likely some time in 1942. Zinc became a standard base metal for war badges in 1943. The above estimate is based on documented groupings that surfaced with award documents as well as the badges in this configuration commonly referred to as 'J3'.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

I have read somewhere that the Juncker badges with clipped pin ends are earlier than those that are ground to a point. Whether this is correct or not, I don't know.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by matthew View Post
    A safe estimate of production timeline of J3 badges in tombak and/or nickel would be end of 1941 but most likely some time in 1942. Zinc became a standard base metal for war badges in 1943. The above estimate is based on documented groupings that surfaced with award documents as well as the badges in this configuration commonly referred to as 'J3'.

cheers

Matt
    Thank you very much for that information Matt, just what I was looking for! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2