Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?

Article about: Hi, found this one in market. I am not sure if its a fake but cant say its original , the pin is a type I never seen before , and only markings are GES. GESCH. Thanks for your help .

?

Default Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?

Hi, found this one in market. I am not sure if its a fake but cant say its original , the pin is a type I never seen before , and only markings are GES. GESCH. Thanks for your help .Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-30-2015 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen fake ?
    P
    Many

Hello Karl and welcome to the forum!
    I do not really study Kriegsabzeichen but I will give my opinion.
    This started out as a pin back award that someone has removed the hinge and catch and made it into a screw back.
    It wasn't really worth their effort as I see this as a poor cast copy.
    Maybe I am incorrect, so please wait for one of the members that is more knowledgeable with these.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph......you are correct of course it's a terrible fake. And don't you just live the ges gersch 😁patent pending....what a scream

Hi Karl, welcome to the forum. As the chaps have said, this is a cast fake award and a poor one at that. The remains of the mounts for the hinge and catch are even part of the same cast mould! Leon.

"Ges.Gesch" on a Fleet badge,what will these fakers think of next ?????

As mentioned above,it is a fake Karl.

Cheers,Martin.

?

everybody thanks for your help , I am no expert so help is appreciated , just one more question can somebody recommend literature for orders and badges of third Reich ? I need more knowledge to be able to determine fakes from originals

I would suggest you study the many originals and compare with the many fakes posted on this forum to start with.
    The small fee of $25. to become a gold member here is a pittance compared to the cost of the books you would be looking for, at least until you determine where your interests in collecting are.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would suggest you study the many originals and compare with the many fakes posted on this forum to start with.
    The small fee of $25. to become a gold member here is a pittance compared to the cost of the books you would be looking for, at least until you determine where your interests in collecting are.
    Ralph.

Hi Karl, that's great advice from Ralph. I do not know of a single member who has not been "saved" from a costly mistake by the forum. Join up, post the item your interested in buying before you buy, get a positive response and buy it, get a negative response and save a small fortune that's already paid for your membership for the next ten years!! Leon.