Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)

Article about: Hello once again , I thought I would ask for your opinions on this high seas fleet badge. In my opinion it is a very nice original but as ever your thoughts are most welcome. Thanks in advan

Default Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)

Hello once again , I thought I would ask for your opinions on this high seas fleet badge. In my opinion it is a very nice original but as ever your thoughts are most welcome. Thanks in advance , Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)   Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)  

Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)
    P
    Many

Hi Leon,

It's a genuine piece. There is in my opinion a better example currently in the Classifieds at a very competitive price unless it's already sold, that was discussed here a while back. If I collected these badges i'd have like taken it myself by now.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Leon,

It's a genuine piece. There is in my opinion a better example currently in the Classifieds at a very competitive price unless it's already sold, that was discussed here a while back. If I collected these badges i'd have like taken it myself by now.

Regards, Ned.
    Are you on commission Ned?....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Leon,

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned , thanks for that , I did e-mail the seller of the one in our classified section a while back offering the full asking price but I never received a response? You are quite right that that one is a bit nicer than this one but I guess it is no longer for sale! Cheers , Leon.

I just ordered this one , it will go nicely in the cabinet and as you may remember Ned , I personally like a badge that shows a bit of use rather than a "minty" one so this one will do me nicely! Thanks again for your opinion , Leon.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Are you on commission Ned?....
    No mate, I didn't get rich working for other folks, and I ain't starting now.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

nice original badge.

Hello , nothing new to add as such except it has arrived and has "docked" in my cabinet!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)   Flotten-kriegsabzeichen(Scherwin)  

Indeed,a nice original Schwerin Leon that shows wear,nothing wrong with that IMO.

Minty examples are nice to have in ones collection but i do like badges that are worn and especially if they come with provenance from the recipients.
    I am just refering to some of the Hilfskreuzer badges i have in my collection here,but i think it applies to all war badges.

Regards,Martin.