Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen in tombak

Article about: Hi Guys, this one came into work this week. It appears to have a name scratched on the back. Cheers, Ade.

Default Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen in tombak

Hi Guys, this one came into work this week. It appears to have a name scratched on the back. Sadly, as you can see, someone took the swastika off....

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen in tombak   Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen in tombak  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen in tombak
    P
    Many

That is a nice but well worn tombak Schwerin Ade.

Personally, i do not find it sad that the swastika has been removed.Yes,it was probably done postwar,and possibly by the recepient himself,abiding by the law so that he could wear it at Kameradschaft meetings before the introduction of the 57ers.
    I have a few de-nazified pieces in my collection.I really like them because i feel they were worn during and after the war,by the recipient.
    With provenance,i find this type of "worn" badge more interesting than an unissued,minty piece.
    That's just me though.

Cheers,Martin.

Hi Martin, I do agree with what you say. Like you say, part of the history of the item. I would happily own it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, one of my favourite Third Reich awards, a lovely piece that would grace any collection. Leon.

Hello Ade,
    the quality of the Schwerin badges is just excellent.
    Even de nazified it is worth adding to the collection obviously the price in to pay would be halved.

Some day our wives will end up having to sell our collections so they will want some sort of return!

All the best
    Doug

shame but still a nice piece.