Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.

Article about: Hi Experts,i need your opinions about this badge. Regards,Bojan

Default FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.

Hi

Experts,i need your opinions about this badge.

Regards,Bojan

FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.
    P
    Many

a lovely badge great detail of the ship looks unissued.

F O is Friedrich Orth. Wien.

It looks like a good FO variant with the cast in reverse fittings.
    The finish looks too good to be true.I am not saying it is not original to the badge,i have just never seen one in this good of condition before.The gilding is usually faded to a dull tone.
    Can the badge just be placed on a plain background and photographed instead of in hand for a better look of the outlines ?
    Also,can you show a photo of just the catch on the reverse?

Cheers,Martin.

[QUOTE=martinw;1393900]It looks like a good FO variant with the cast in reverse fittings.
    The finish looks too good to be true.I am not saying it is not original to the badge,i have just never seen one in this good of condition before.The gilding is usually faded to a dull tone.
    Can the badge just be placed on a plain background and photographed instead of in hand for a better look of the outlines ?
    Also,can you show a photo of just the catch on the reverse?

Hi, I like the badge itself, looks a good F.O cast in hinge and catch example. My concern is the same as Martin's, for me it looks to have been refinished as the tone of the gold is completely different on the obverse to the reverse? Also as Martin has said, I to have never seen an F.O that looks this fresh, so it makes me suspicious. If you can get some good "natural light" close up images, that would be great. Leon.

Hi

I will ask the seller,if he send me more pictures.The first moment,when i see the badge,it was too god to be true.

Regards,Bojan

I would be wary of the finish too.

I own one of these which I have shown on the forum in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi guys

The seller sent me more pictures of the badge,photographed at natural light.What do you think?

FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.FLOTTENKRIEGSABZEICHEN f.o.

These pics are much better.

I think it is ok.

Have a look at the boxed example I have shown this past week here:

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen by "FO", boxed, unissued.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think the condition is the same. With the new photos, the obverse condition and color match the reverse . Lighting makes a lot of difference. I don't think the front has been re-finished.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast