Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen

Article about: Ran upon this badge today, not being up on the German WW2 badges need some help. Is this original or repro. Thanks

Default Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen

Ran upon this badge today, not being up on the German WW2 badges need some help. Is this original or repro. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen  Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen  Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen 
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-16-2016 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen
    P
    Many

You'll likely need better/larger photos for an opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Whatever the maker mark ( which is impossible for me to read), that elliptical folded sheet metal hinge is a massive red flag. Better pics will confirm either way.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

with Ned on this one.

It´s a repro badge imo.

Regards
    Joe

Hi, ,looks as though there is the tell tale signs of a cast fake in the light pitting that is evident on the wreath's "rolls" to my eye's. Also, the right wing appears to be very poor in detail. Leon.

Thanks all, I was suspect but its always good to go to those in the know.

Quote by hawk3370 View Post
    Thanks all, I was suspect but its always good to go to those in the know.
    Hi Hawk,

Do you know what the maker mark is or are you able to read it? That would be of interest to some of us, and will help, as many of the fakes are stamped for makers who never made this badge and would be definitive. It's not critical though, as the set up and general soft details as already mentioned more or less write this one off anyway.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned,
    Its marked JMME & SOHN BERLIN

Thanks, that definitive enough. Jmme/Imme only ever used Juncker J2 pattern heavy, thick wreaths in buntmetall as seen on that firms J2 Pilots badge for their Observer badges, and also the distinctive Juncker hardware as well. This badge has neither of these parts, therefore it's busted.

Regards, Ned.