Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen

Article about: Hi folks, need help on this one. Not sure is it genuine or another fake. Thanx a lot in advance

Default Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen

Hi folks, need help on this one. Not sure is it genuine or another fake.

Thanx a lot in advance
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-05-2017 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Silver...be patient someone will be along shortly to help you with this badge.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

looks very rough eagle,imo a fake.but wait for other opinions.

Damn if thi is a fake then a very good one!

I am not sure based on the pics if the badge is repaired or a complete fake.

I can only say what i see with this aren´t good pics:

The catch and hinge plates are looking wrong for a "bsw" zinc pilot badge imo

The left rivet is looking strange

The small "bridge" between the eagle claws and the swastica is not existent

Also no zinc bubbles on the badge to see.

Regards
    Joe

A terrible quality fake. BSW made some very impressive badges, but just look at the head and the Beak on the eagle! Wrong hinge, rivets, sloppy swastika...you name it. And this is a "very good one if fake"? Lordy...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I am not sure based on the pics if the badge is repaired or a complete fake.

I can only say what i see with this aren´t good pics:

The catch and hinge plates are looking wrong for a "bsw" zinc pilot badge imo

The left rivet is looking strange

The small "bridge" between the eagle claws and the swastica is not existent

Also no zinc bubbles on the badge to see.

Regards
    Joe
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A terrible quality fake. BSW made some very impressive badges, but just look at the head and the Beak on the eagle! Wrong hinge, rivets, sloppy swastika...you name it. And this is a "very good one if fake"? Lordy...
    At last after 180 views some comments of merit! I've been watching and waiting for this since the badge was first posted. Here's an original zinc BSW Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen that I've highlighted to show the details of the cut out edges of the eagle that are not seen on the badge above and are the biggest red flag of all. As mentioned, the elliptical hinge is not found on any BSW badge I can think of, although the catch plate is similar to some known originals, but it's not easily visible in the photo's supplied.

FlugzeugbeobachterabzeichenFlugzeugbeobachterabzeichen Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen

As can be seen, the "bridge" between the swastika and eagles right foot is also missing on the original, not a common sight, but not a problem either. As also said, the rivets are a concern. It would appear that the badge may have been apart at sometime and has been crudely repaired, or at least had the brass rivets tightened if not manufactured that way in the first place. The zinc bubbling that Joe mentions is commonly found on many BSW badges, but as can be seen on the badge here not always present, so again that's not a big problem IMO.

Good answers all around, well done to all, we got there in the end.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Oh s..t! Payed 500€ for it

Yeh we did get there finaly, thanks guys i appreciate it very much

Quote by silverbullit View Post
    Oh s..t! Payed 500€ for it
    Stick around here, post pic's first and it need never happen again. Hopefully you can get a refund and return it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.