Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake

Article about: All, I have a two piece Luftwaffe Observer badge. COuld you please let me know your toughts about its authenticity? this badge has no maker mark. I got this from a person who said that he go

Default flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake

All,

I have a two piece Luftwaffe Observer badge. COuld you please let me know your toughts about its authenticity? this badge has no maker mark.

I got this from a person who said that he got it from his uncle who is a collector who lived in germany. He has some other fire fighter badges as well.

The reasons that I think this may be a fake:
    1. The rivet is showing through the left wing
    2. The rivet under the left wing (right side rivet is not centered at all)
    3. the rivets looks like they are poorly done
    4. the right leg is lacking detail, but this could be due to wear
    5. I could not find any other badge that had the same type pin assembly
    6. The details on the feathers are not sharp (but it could be because of wear again. i also found an antunticated badge that had very little details on the feathers)

The reason i think that this is authentic is because of the broken off piece in the bottom and the details on the badge. Without a maker mark, it's hard for me to find some thing to compare this against.

Thank you very much for your comments and advise
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake   flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: flugzeugführer und beobachterabzeichen - Please help - Real or fake

You've pretty much summed it up. All of your observations are good and reasons why the badge is a fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You've pretty much summed it up. All of your observations are good and reasons why the badge is a fake.
    As Adrian and you say.Complete fake for sure!

I will go with you both.

- - Updated - -

I will go with you both.

adrian I have lost my smilies cant get them back.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    adrian I have lost my smilies cant get them back.
    No idea about that Harry, sorry. Maybe Dimas is upgrading software and had to temporarily suspend them?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

All,

thank you very much for your advise on this. I really appreciate it. I'm glad that I found this forum, or otherwise i would be spending a lot of money of total fakes. Now thats to you all, i actually get to learn about and collect authentic items.

Thanks again.