Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann

Article about: Hi guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, thanks, Juan

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann

Hi guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann   Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann   Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann   Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann
    P
    Many

Besides the re soldered/replaced catch, I can't help but wonder if this badge has been skilfully re-nazified. The top arm the eagle stands on is certainly original, but the rest of the hakenkreuz looks to me as if it may be a separate piece that's been added on at a later date, and professionally so. I may be wrong of course, but that and the appearance that the rivets may have been messed with, and the general rubbing down around all the reverse fittings makes me feel uneasy about this piece and I would definitely pass on it if it were me.

Best to wait for other opinions on this one though, so hang tight.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am afraid I agree with Ned a lot of repairs.

Hi Ned, thanks for your comments, I have looked at your views and I will pass on this one, thanks a lot, Juan
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Besides the re soldered/replaced catch, I can't help but wonder if this badge has been skilfully re-nazified. The top arm the eagle stands on is certainly original, but the rest of the hakenkreuz looks to me as if it may be a separate piece that's been added on at a later date, and professionally so. I may be wrong of course, but that and the appearance that the rivets may have been messed with, and the general rubbing down around all the reverse fittings makes me feel uneasy about this piece and I would definitely pass on it if it were me.

Best to wait for other opinions on this one though, so hang tight.

Regards, Ned.

Just out of curiosity and in order to learn, more views are certainly more than welcome, regards, Juan

I agree too with Ned.

Joe

An excellent spot Ned, there is a very slight "crease" on the turn of the top arm suggesting a re-Nazified award. It has been done excellently though, so a round of applause for the craftsmanship! As for the rest of the piece, it certainly appears to have had a fair bit of tampering, with small areas of re-soldering and some over zealous cleaning. Leon.

Good eyes Ned - would have taken me beyond the
    warranty period before I ever noticed this.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Default More pictures

Hi guys, thanks very much, I am including this close up pictures to see if you can get a better view just to double check, thanks and regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann   Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  

Attached Images Attached Images Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann 

Default More Pictures

More Pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann  Flugzeugführerabzeichen Assmann 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast