Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium

Article about: Hi, could you please give me your views about this pilot´s badge?, thanks, Juan

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker Aluminium

Hi, could you please give me your views about this pilot´s badge?, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E Juncker Aluminium
    P
    Many

Looks fine imo. A rare bird you show here!

The upper rivet is tightened (dt. = nachgeschlagen) and the catch is repaired. Those repaired catches are very common for badges made out of Aluminium. But still a great looking badge imo and one of the earliest german pilot badges of WW2.

Regards
    Joe

Thanks Joe, as usual, great assessment. Just a couple of questions, when you say a rare bird, what exactly do you mean by this?, also, in regards to this badge, the seller is asking for 800-850 Euros, do you think this is correct or it maybe a bit too expensive?, thanks, Juan, Forgot to mention, what do you mean when you say that the rivet is tightened (dt.=nachgeschlagen)?
    Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Looks fine imo. A rare bird you show here!

The upper rivet is tightened (dt. = nachgeschlagen) and the catch is repaired. Those repaired catches are very common for badges made out of Aluminium. But still a great looking badge imo and one of the earliest german pilot badges of WW2.

Regards
    Joe

Hello Juan,
    I too think this is a good genuine badge
    I agree with Joe's comments.
    The 'rare bird' means it is one of the harder to find badges made by Juncker.
    The rivet if you look at the back on the left shows signs that it has been gently hammered to tighten the rivet.

It is not uncommon to find that the round wire hook on these badges have been broken off in wear and some sort of replacement hook added.

I would think that 800 euros is around about top money for this badge...Buy it if you like it. They don't come up for sale that often

Doug

Rare means that this kind of early badge is not often to find on the collecting market. This badge was already produced before the war started in 1939. Production time frame between 1936-1938. The wreath and eagle are much more thinly die strucked compared with the later produced badges and the quality is better too.

Aluminium is a light and soft material compared with Nickelsilver, Tombak/Brass and therefore not so loadable like the other used materials. That´s the reason why mostly the catches are repaired on this badges. Not easy to find this badges without a repaired catch.

Tightened means, that the rivet got a few hammer blows to stabilize the eagle with the wreath. I think the eagle was a bit wobbled.

But i can not explaine you the complete history of badges in a few lines. I have needed years to got familiar with this stuff and become a feeling for it.

Joe

That is great, I am learning every day and today I definetely did that, thanks a lot for that. Now I have made an offer to the seller and see what happens, will let you know guys the outcome of all this, best regards, Juan
    Rare means that this kind of early badge is not often to find on the collecting market. This badge was already produced before the war started in 1939. Production time frame between 1936-1938. The wreath and eagle are much more thinly die strucked compared with the later produced badges and the quality is better too.

Aluminium is a light and soft material compared with Nickelsilver, Tombak/Brass and therefore not so loadable like the other used materials. That´s the reason why mostly the catches are repaired on this badges. Not easy to find this badges without a repaired catch.

Tightened means, that the rivet got a few hammer blows to stabilize the eagle with the wreath. I think the eagle was a bit wobbled.

But i can not explaine you the complete history of badges in a few lines. I have needed years to got familiar with this stuff and become a feeling for it.

Joe

Was not nastily meant from me, when i say that it is better when you know which pieces you have before you. Especially when it is a rare badge like this. A good and detailed knowing will protect you from fakes and massed pieces.

Hi Joe, by no means I take your good advise as sounding nasty, just the opposite, if it was not for your high level of expertise, I would be lost, I thank you again for not only this advise but for all the previous ones and hopefully many more to come, best regards, Juan
    Was not nastily meant from me, when i say that it is better when you know which pieces you have before you. Especially when it is a rare badge like this. A good and detailed knowing will protect you from fakes and massed pieces.

Smile

Hi guys, have bought it the seller accepts 750 Euros, I am really happy with this badge, thank you all for your advise, talk to you next time, regards, Juan

a very nice buy well done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast