Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case

Article about: Hi Guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, appreciate your comments, best regards, Juan

Smile Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case

Hi Guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, appreciate your comments, best regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case
    P
    Many

Hi Juan,

These Junker Pilot badges are faked to a very good standard, I think I've said it before, and it's often very hard to tell sometimes. But having said that I think this is a good J2 buntmetall piece with an original case. But please wait for some of the other guys to take a considered look in case I've missed something.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Will do Ned, your views are highly appreciated as usual, take care and best regards, Juan
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Juan,

These Junker Pilot badges are faked to a very good standard, I think I've said it before, and it's often very hard to tell sometimes. But having said that I think this is a good J2 buntmetall piece with an original case. But please wait for some of the other guys to take a considered look in case I've missed something.

Regards, Ned.

I like it no red flags to me.

I agree too.

Looks like a J3 type to me, but i am no expert for this stuff. Case is looking also good imo.

Joe

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I agree too.

Looks like a J3 type to me, but i am no expert for this stuff. Case is looking also good imo.

Joe
    Hi Joe,

I thought that was a possibility at first as I was a bit concerned by the slighty soft appearance of the wreath that the later J3's seem to exhibit, but the chunky talons and the shorter secondary feathers on the birds left wing made me plump for the badge being a J2 due to the thinner talons and the longer wing feathers. Comparison below, J2 left J3 right.

Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with CaseFlugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Smile Pictures of J2 and J3

Hi guys, one friend sent me two pictures to compare J2 and J3, best regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case   Flugzeugführerabzeichen C.E. Juncker with Case  

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi guys, one friend sent me two pictures to compare J2 and J3, best regards, Juan
    May I be allowed to suggest this is another obvious point at a casual glance.

J2 = Longer, pointed feathers on inner left wing, as well as more slender toes/talons already indicated.

J3 = Shorter, rounded feathers on inner wing, and chunkier toes/talons again, as highlighted.

Apologies for not making it clearer in my earlier post.

Regards, Ned.

Smile

Thanks guys, I cannot let this cased badge passed, just wanted to let you know that I have now bought it. Would like to thank you once again for your great and accurate comments, talk to you next time, best regards, Juan

Hi Ned,

i was wrong with the J3 type. Had now another comparing between J2 and J3 and would now also say that the starting badge is an J2 type. Very good detail you have pointed out too with the different feathers.

I can understand you good Ned regarding the obverse side. Details are looking really a bit soft, but the reverse side is looking fine for a Juncker badge. Riveting, set-up, hand finishing is looking fine and imo how a Juncker badge shoult be look. I think the badge had a bit cleaning in the past. Good thread to learn more about the J2 and J3 badges.

Regards
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast