Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME

Article about: Hi guys, sometime ago I bought this great badge, I have taken some good pictures, I think, that will hopefully will do some justice to the badge, hope you like it, Best Regards, Juan

Hi guys, it s a cast fake, got this from someone
    Your badge and sorry to say its a very well done fake. The wreath and eagle are good copy of both J2. The details are very soft ons he eagle. The rivets from jmme are doomed surrounded by a cicle left from the tool yours are flat top. The catch is thicker than a genuine one and the marker mark is also wrong

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME
    P
    Many

Hi guys, although my hopes for this one are vanishing as we speak, took some more pictures from the badge, maybe this will help to better analyse it. This is real proof as to why it s so important to cross reference with the experts about all aspects of a badge and that should be done before hand. Now I am stuck with this one and hopefully I will get a refund and believe me it did not get cheap at all . Nevertheless this thread will hopefully be of good use to anyone coming across a similar badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME   Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME   Flugzeugführerabzeichen JMME  

That's bad news Juan, but to be fair the catch is clearly wrong in the new pic's, this is why it's essential to take photo's from all angles when asking for verification. Here's what it should look like, very different.

The comment on the rivets is open to interpretation as a major red flag I think regarding the head of them being flattened, they can be found as such and here's a photo of one from a genuine JMME Pilot's badge as an example.

Hopefully you can get a refund on the badge, it's a very well made copy that fooled me on the initial pic's, so the vendor was probably also unaware it was bad. Good luck with that.

Also it would be wrong not to thank Doug for his gimlet eye on noticing this old thread and putting things to right even when called on it. I apologise if I came across as a doubter, but am now a believer, much as I hate to be! Well done Doug!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Based on the new and closer pics for me also a fake badge. High quality fake, but on the new and better pics are some red flags good to see. Finish, rivetting....

A badge which nailed me also with not good pics.

Regards
    Joe

Firstly, I would like to thank Doug, mate you have highly contributed to cleaning up another piece of junk, sad that it had to be me though, but that s life and this happened before I joined the Forum so my fault for not asking before hand, guess this has happened to all collectors at some point when they started collecting. Ned, Joe, also a big thank you for adding your knowledge to this thread and overall to this Forum. Now I feel like buying a real JMME, you would be the first ones to know, before hand, should I came across one. This will be my personal revenge to this fake one, getting a nice one, it s been decided while I am writing, Best Regards, Juan

Hello Juan and Ned
    Thank you for your comments
    I am sorry that it did turn out to be bad news about the badge.
    I know what it feels like to have a dud...I have quite a collection of fakes from the 'old' days.
    These forums are truly very useful tools to help us collectors stay on the straight and narrow.
    Just this last Sunday I got caught with a schmidhaussler spange...another one to go back to the dealer if he turns up again!
    The badge you have I am quite sure I have one in my collection that I bought in the late 80s.
    The way I got caught was the dealer had popped it in to an original flugzeugfuhrer box ,

Good luck with getting a refund.
    All the best
    Doug

Thanks Doug, appreciate your kind words, would not expect less from you, to be honest. Yeah, I guess, this is the way to learn, never thought that this would be a fake. I rather prefer to be aware that I have an intruder in my collection infecting my other badges than not knowing at all, so I have to thank you for that. Having said that, it s a relief that the other Badges that I have in my collection have gone through the "severe" filter of this great Fórum and they are all ok. If only I would have known about you one month earlier, this would have never happened. The worst is that I bought from this seller another para Badge that is also not good (Ned knows), but I have already brought this to the seller attention and initially he was going to get a nice one for me, but now after this, I want a refund and I expect the seller will do that, at the end of the day I paid money to get good things and not duds. Will definetely keep you guys in the loop and hopefully everything will be sorted out as I would expect to, Best Regards, Juan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2