MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?

Article about: Hi, I was hoping you could help me identify if this Luftwaffe Pilot Badge is real or fake? What are you looking for when determining such a thing? What is the value of a badge like this if i

Question Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?

Hi,

I was hoping you could help me identify if this Luftwaffe Pilot Badge is real or fake?

What are you looking for when determining such a thing?

What is the value of a badge like this if it is real?

Thank you!

Sorry that the pictures are not the correct orientation! They are so on my computer, but are turned on the side when uploaded to this site...

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-03-2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?
    P
    Many

Sorry, I can't help you with the award right now but we do not do free appraisals.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry, I can't help you with the award right now but we do not do free appraisals.
    Ralph.
    I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you're telling me here..?

Hei

He is saying that he can't say if the badge is good or bad at the moment and that at warrelics, we do not say what something "should" cost.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Hei

He is saying that he can't say if the badge is good or bad at the moment and that at warrelics, we do not say what something "should" cost.
    Tjena!

I see! Thank you for the clarification! I was not aware that an estimate of value was not discussed on the forums... Sorry about that!

The answer to your other question Hoggorm is IMO that is a nice original J1 CE Juncker Pilots badge that is in extremely good condition.

I thought I had a couple of concerns, the rivets are both domed and on a J1 I would have expected them to have a flattened top but that rivet with the small nipple on top is a type I have seen before on the early J1s and the wing on the left looking from the reverse looks to have something peculiar going on with it unless it is just the photographs.

There has been an overzealous hand finishing on the claw at the side of the swastika and it has completely gone...perhaps the reason for it being in such good condition.

Do you have a box for it?

The answer to your other question: Now you know which badge you have you should be able to find a market value on the net

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 10-04-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Thank you Doug,

Yes, I have a box for it as well

What does J1 mean? I've searched a bit and only found some reference that it might be what metal it is made of?

You say the rivets could indicate an early badge? Does that mean early war like 1939/1940 or does it mean it was made early when the badge was first introduced?

I do not fully understand what you mean regarding the claw. Looking at other badges I can see what appears as if mine is missing the third claw on each foot? Is that what you mean? But then I wonder why that could be a reason for the badges good condition? Or did I misunderstand you?

I've included three more pictures of the left wing. Maybe you can spot the peculiar thing about it? I would be very happy if you could point it out to me

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?

Hello
    J1 is the generally accepted type amongst collectors.
    The juncker pilot badge has from my memory 3 accepted types. ... A J1 J2 and a J3.
    The one you have is a J1 which means it was more than likely the first model. Yours is made in buntmetal which was the same die that was used to make the aluminium badge

Thank you for the additional pictures it must be the lighting on the first pictures that made the wings look like they were two piece

Look at the badge and look at left foot and you will see the left hand claw is missing.
    This was an area that the hand finishing left with a fine piece of metal but it looks is as though an over zealous cut has removed it completely.
    I just thought that it may not have passed quality control and was never awarded hence the good condition of the badge.

I'd appreciate seeing some pictures of the box...just the lid top and inner will do

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 10-05-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Quote by Saladin View Post

Look at the badge and look at left foot and you will see the left hand claw is missing.
    This was an area that the hand finishing left with a fine piece of metal but it looks is as though an over zealous cut has removed it completely.
    I just thought that it may not have passed quality control and was never awarded hence the good condition of the badge.

I'd appreciate seeing some pictures of the box...just the lid too and inner will do

Cheers
    Doug
    Hi Doug,

I agree, a good early J1 (1935-39) in tombak. The sloppy filing doesn't unduly worry me personally, you can find examples of finishing like this across the range of Juncker Luft badges. Here's another J1 that's very similar.

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?
    Courtesy of 'Silver' on GCA.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, looks like a very nice award to me as well, superbly made as you would expect from Juncker's. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast