MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?

Article about: Hi, I was hoping you could help me identify if this Luftwaffe Pilot Badge is real or fake? What are you looking for when determining such a thing? What is the value of a badge like this if i

Quote by Saladin View Post
    I just thought that it may not have passed quality control and was never awarded hence the good condition of the badge.

I'd appreciate seeing some pictures of the box...just the lid too and inner will do
    I see what you mean now! That sounds like a reasonable cause. Strange that it was saved then and not discarded?

Here are a few pictures of the box. It appears to be in good condition to me. The only issue is that the inside of the lid is loose. Inside someone has written the number 72. I will have to see how I can fix this.

On the subject of fixing things: How can I turn the attached pictures to the correct orientation?

Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Flugzeugführerabzeichen real or fake?
    P
    Many

That's a good early case, well done.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hoggorm that is a nice case thank you for posting the pictures of it.
    As Big Ned says it is a nice early example so the set you have could have been together forever.

It is a very desirable set to have.

The box lid inner is an easy fix but I would leave it as it is unless you can get hold of some animal glue (readily available).
    Any of the modern glues would not be suitable for making a period repair

Cheers
    Doug

I just looked at the box pictures again and refer to your bit about the number 72 that has been scribbled.
    That would be of no concern to me whatsoever as it is more than likely the mark made by the person who assembled / made the box.

That is just how a 'mint' box should look it has exactly the right patina.

Ned...sorry I meant to respond to your post. It is indeed a common error on Juncker's badges.
    I have only seen one intact claw and it did have a fine cut in it so it would be easy to remove too much metal leaving the eagle partially declawed.

Cheers
    Doug

I just looked at the box pictures again and refer to your bit about the number 72 that has been scribbled.
    That would be of no concern to me whatsoever as it is more than likely the mark made by the person who assembled / made the box.
    I see! Interesting to know. I was however not actually going to remove the number, but perhaps try to fix so that the inside of the box sticks to the lid. But when thinking about it maybe it’s ok just as it is.

I'm excited to hear that my pilot badge is a good one in a nice condition! Now my next question would be: How do I display it?

I was thinking placing it in a glass frame. Maybe with the badge next to the closed box. What do you think?

Quote by Hoggorm View Post

How do I display it?

I was thinking placing it in a glass frame. Maybe with the badge next to the closed box. What do you think?
    That sounds like a nice idea a decoupage box might suit your purpose to a tea.

I do have some of my personal stuff in frames hanging around my office but I think I'm not the best person to ask about displaying because for me it is just about the hunt.
    Once I've bagged a new acquisition it just gets put in s box and stored away.

Let's see some pictures once you've decided on the display it will be interesting to see

All the best
    Doug

Let's see some pictures once you've decided on the display it will be interesting to see
    It might take some time, but I'll post some pictures for sure when it's up

Thank you again for all help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2