Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

flugzeugfuhrer medal original?

Article about: Hello, Is this flugzeugfuhrer medal original? Best regards, Dennis

Default Re: flugzeugfuhrer medal original?

Hello,

So I can conclude that this medal is a reproduction?

The swastika is not good, the eagle isn't good, compare rivets aren't good.

The best I can do is buy the uniform without the medal?

Best regards,

Dennis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement flugzeugfuhrer medal  original?
    P
    Many

Dennis

You can buy anything you want under condition : you should pay relevantly - proper amount due for original or proper amount due for copy.

Adrian
    That is correct - IMME used Juncker parts ( J2 , J3 eagle ) or more unique own eagle , with mix of set ups or finishes . I have problems to recall if I've seen J1 eagle on JMME badge.
    You got a point - I think I had not seen either any pilot marked with full logo.
    The eagle from Dennis badge is imo BSW type with FLL type skinny swastica - total mix.

regards
    Flieger

Hello Flieger,

Thank you for all the info. I have only one last question: how do you know all the different types of medailles/types. Is there a site with more info about this badge. You also said it's a total mix. Did all the makers of badges their own design?

Best regards,

Dennis

?

I think it comes down to experience and research!
    Not sure if there is a site that deals specifically with a certain type of badge but there are many forums which have discussions on every type of badge.
    Not all makers used parts from other manufacturers, some had their own unique design but it was common practice for certain makers to swap components, not just on Pilots badges but other multi part awards too. Juncker, for example, used Wachtler & Lange cores on their Eisernes Kreuz.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check this out. Does it help? There appears to be significant differences to me.

Third reich Luftwaffe Award Badges

Regards, Ned.
    Great site. Thanks Ned your a star.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Great site. Thanks Ned your a star.
    Thanks mate,

Reading all the posts after mine you'd think it hadn't even been viewed, the answers were there, but not picked up on.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That site is in the 'Useful Reference Links' thread pinned at the top of the page so it can be found easily. Bear in mind though, I don't know how many variants of IMME badges there are so it might not show every one.

Sorry, my first post here so I'm not sure how to post picts yet but there are a number of original pilot badges from the maker this badge is trying to simulate for sale on numerous dealer sites so you shouldnt have a problem locating one to see what I mean if nobody posts one here.

Actually the eagle is trying to look like a BSW (marked in a clover shape or written the long way) pilot badge eagle and has nothing to do with an JMME (or IMME) eagle as shown 2 posts above (Beautiful specimen by the way Flieger 23!) and even less with a first pattern Juncker (J1) eagle. This maker (BSW) is also known for its wide hinge assemblies which this piece doesnt have. Wreath sort of resembles that of a BSW pilot but without detail... As Adrian mentioned detail is poor and swastica is much too thin for this (or any) maker: a casting and not a very good one I'm afraid...

So much for the Pilot badge but with this being said, IMO if this badge is representative of the rest of the pilot uniform you are thinking of buying you better make sure you post it on the appropriate forums for feedback on all the different components and have full return privileges should you receive the same verdict on the other pieces.

Regards

JC

Ned: You are right of course, a picture is worth a thousand words but your post doesnt appear in the thread (only as a quote in Stefanr's post) so I didnt see it sorry. The badge I am referring to (BSW) is the middle one in the 4th row.

Adrian notwithstanding makers marks (JMME used 3 I beleive) I am aware of 3 JMME/IMME variations 2 are early variants made using distinctive JMME dies and the other is the J2 (Juncker 2nd type) style eagle shared by Juncker, Deumer & JMME. As you say there may be others however this eagle is typical BSW Pilot (they also have a few variants) and very distinctive. I think whoever made the badge just slapped on whatever maker mark was handy without any concern as to wether or not it coincided with reality

JC

?

Hi JC and welcome!
    Many thanks for posting, your observations and comments are much appreciated. I completely agree with your point about the rest of the uniform group(?) if the badge in this thread belongs to it. Dennis, please post the rest of the uniform in the correct forums for the members to take a look at before you part with any cash.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast