Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen

Article about: Yes indeed, but it would be good if some other collectors would comment on that badge too.

Hal
    ?

Default Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen

Guys; would like you're opinion on this badge. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen   Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen  

Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen

Not for me I'm afraid. The eagle is lacking details, the wreath looks wrong and the reverse hardware doesn't match any of the JMME or IMME badges I've looked at.

Happy to be wrong of course if one of the Luft collectors can say something different.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

In my opinion, thats a 100% original and hard to find JMME badge.

Adrian I think you see it fake because most of the J2 design JMME's pop up with yellowish wreath and silver eagle, but typical pilot coloured JMME examples also exist. Also I have never seen a fake with such a good details before which is so close to an original one.

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    In my opinion, thats a 100% original and hard to find JMME badge.

Adrian I think you see it fake because most of the J2 design JMME's pop up with yellowish wreath and silver eagle, but typical pilot coloured JMME examples also exist. Also I have never seen a fake with such a good details before which is so close to an original one.
    You might be right János, you have more experience with these badges than I do, but when you say 'close to an original one' do you mean you can't match it to an original? I tried matching the eagle's head but couldn't find one that was exact.

?

No, this is totally looks like an original one, I just said that no fakes exist as far as I know, which can be as good.
    I don't see any problem with the eagles head here is mine JMME and Juncker for comparison.

FlugzeugfuhrerabzeichenFlugzeugfuhrerabzeichenFlugzeugfuhrerabzeichenFlugzeugfuhrerabzeichen

?

I just can't match the eyebrow and beak. Also the examples you posted don't have the lines across the legs as Hal's does and the feather edges on the underside of the wings are not an exact match.

I'm not doubting what you say János as I know you have more experience with these badges but I want to point out the areas I can't match......

?

Hello Adrian,

email sent.

?

Thanks for the email János.

Have you ever seen a JMME eagle with the lines on the legs such as marked below?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen  

?

Hello Adrian,

you are right, thats an interesting feature which I haven't seen on a JMME or other J2 design so far, but could we say the badge is fake because of that?

?

No, not at all but something to look out for perhaps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast