Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)

Article about: Found this Shield and read about it that it was never been released. This one has two pin attachments on the back and seems nice in detail to me. The others I have seen on this site are flat

?

Default Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)

Found this Shield and read about it that it was never been released.
    This one has two pin attachments on the back and seems nice in detail to me.
    The others I have seen on this site are flat on the back it ,is this a other variation ??.
    Can I have please your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)   Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)  

Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)   Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)  

Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)   Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)  

Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Found this large Warschau Shield 1944 (Two pins on the back.)

Fake , for one thing the Germans didn't use that type of pin .

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Total reproduction/Fantasy piece all together.

Fred

Quote by CBH View Post
    Fake , for one thing the Germans didn't use that type of pin .
    Actually they do, but well after WW2 ! .......sometimes seen on very late 57er awards, such as the bar to EK I (spang zum EK 1914).....but then this shield is well after WW2 also ! On paper, but never awarded, whilst in production during late WW2, it is believed the dies/shields were destroyed during a bombing raid.... not even a 57er version for veterans was ever made ! If they had survived, they would not of been made like the one above, they would of been die stamped out of thin metal with a reverse indentation of the design....
    Prost ! Steve.

see here for more... Unofficial/Prototype Shields

?

This battle shield was officially instituted on the 10th of December, 1944, but like a number of awards instituted in the closing months of the war it never got past the design stages. The shield was designed by Benno von Arent, a few design matrix's were said to have been struck prior to the Allied bombing that destroyed the dies that had been produced to strike the shields. NONE were ever awarded.

CBH
    ?

[QUOTE=oradour;874205]Actually they do, but well after WW2 ! .......sometimes seen on very late 57er awards, such as the bar to EK I (spang zum EK 1914).....but then this shield is well after WW2 also !
    Prost ! Steve.

Yes I should have said during WWII , and we all know there was no swastika used on any 57er awards .
    Cheers

I have deleted a useless post that only included a link which we all know is against forum rules if you read them. The poster also immediately sent two posts to the moderators requesting an answer on a textless post. These shields have always been considered a non period issued item and have been around for over 40 years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.