Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found some of the same boxes.

Article about: Interesting to eventually find out these are LDO cases, and hence used for private purchase awards only. That would make me think that the case could be generic, and a variety of different L

Default Found some of the same boxes.

I found these boxes and i was wondering what they are used for, i have several of them and they are the same so i just posted 1 of them. It fits the Panzerkampf Abzeichen, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and GAB. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found some of the same boxes.
    P
    Many

Some more shots of the lid, base, hinge and the lid closed would be a great help.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

badge presentation boxes imo.

These could very well be silver wound badge boxes.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Didnt silver come in red boxes and gold in black?

The ribbed insert and the depth of the case is something i've not noticed before on other examples....Interesting.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I tried a wound badge but it didn't fit. I will post some pics later with badges inside.

So there's a slot for the pin to fit in? That isn't obvious from the photo's you've already posted, and may help in identification a lot quicker if you posted a shot of it. As a matter of interest, can the tray from any of the cases be removed? You will often find a makers raised stamp on the underside reading for instance, D&B in a cartouche followed by a four figure number or 621.KB. Can you do that without damaging the case?

Any signs of wear on either the lid or tray, an impression of the award that's often called the 'ghost' could also be of assistance, check all the cases closely in angled sunlight to see if this works.

Regards, Ned.

Here i took some better pics of the inside, i could not remove the tray on any of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast