Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Found some of the same boxes.

Article about: Interesting to eventually find out these are LDO cases, and hence used for private purchase awards only. That would make me think that the case could be generic, and a variety of different L

Interesting to eventually find out these are LDO cases, and hence used for private purchase awards only. That would make me think that the case could be generic, and a variety of different L/? maker awards could be popped into the case by a jeweller/outfitters business who supplied them. If you can manage to open one of the cases carefully, and it is stamped KB rather than D&B, then this list of code numbers may help (obviously some are spurious), but I think it might be a long shot, you'll only know by trying.

621 KB : EK 1 , KVK 1 , Ostvolk awards 1 e class

622 KB : Spange EK 1

626 KB : Luftwaffe Observers case + Pilots badge + Glider pilots badge

629 KB : Wound badges ( Silver and Gold )

630 KB : Luftwaffe Airgunners badge

631 KB : Luftwaffe Operational clasps

637 KB : German cross Gold

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found some of the same boxes.
    P
    Many

I still could not remove the treys, should i put these boxes in my display? And thanks for the info

Looking closely at this pic, it can be seen that the slight imprint or 'ghost' of an oval shaped award was at one time in this case. It could be a wound badge ( the fit isn't always perfect in the slot due to various pin sizes used by different makers), so that could mean you're wrong in your assumption that it doesn't fit. Then again, it could be one of many other oval awards that could be purchased privately in an LDO case.

Whatever, you need to try and figure it out yourself, as the drip, drip of information slowly coming from this thread with a little extra info each time is comparable to me with like pulling teeth i'm afraid.

Ned.Found some of the same boxes.Found some of the same boxes.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2