Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Frontflugspang Fur Jaeger

Article about: Attachment 629125Attachment 629124What would a Frontflugspange fur Jaeger in gold with the case in mint condition be worth if its real?

Frontflugspang Fur Jaeger

Just so you can see better.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontflugspang Fur Jaeger
    P
    Many

I believe it to be a reproduction.

William Kramer

Several serious problems here that I'm seeing. The shape of the holes looks to be neither hand-filed bullet shapes nor drilled round shapes, as would be expected. Tear drop shaped holes? How were these produced? Further, the SW68 marking is to be found only on zinc Juncker badges, which this clasp is obviously not made of. A quick search on these Juncker marked Fighter clasps brought up a virtual twin of one that was thoroughly discussed and dismissed on the other forum. I would definitely not feel good with a clasp like this in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

For sale for $2200 and is suspected of being a reproduction......

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing isn't it.

Mr. Krammer

Let me get this straight. After offering me a substantial yet unacceptable offer at 3:49 this afternoon and sending me a statement that it looked good to you at 4:36 you also went to two websites to say you believe it to be fake. So am I to believe that you often offer money and then because it is not accepted you claim the item is fake. That sounds like a scam to me. If you would have gone up on your offer I would have taken you up on it. I am not prepared to take what you offered. Would it have been fake if I had accepted your offer. I think not. You sir challenge the reputation of this website. I hope you have a well deserved sleep tonight.

Deeply dissapointed with immaturity.
    Bob

Would you be so kind and point me to the research. I have been searching both Frontflug-spang gold and Pilots Clasp in gold and have not found another. I dont believe it to be fake and would like proof of what you say.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Several serious problems here that I'm seeing. The shape of the holes looks to be neither hand-filed bullet shapes nor drilled round shapes, as would be expected. Tear drop shaped holes? How were these produced? Further, the SW68 marking is to be found only on zinc Juncker badges, which this clasp is obviously not made of. A quick search on these Juncker marked Fighter clasps brought up a virtual twin of one that was thoroughly discussed and dismissed on the other forum. I would definitely not feel good with a clasp like this in my collection.
    I saw some at W2W and there is a difference between makers and some do show what look to be holes and others show teardrops. My question to you is if they were drilled or filed would you not see some sort of layering in the holes? I have seen many pieces of plated jewelry and watches and all of the plated ones show wear and you can plainly see two layers. I believe this piece as well as the one with the additional star at W2W have been make by an unusually high quality die set and thus the holes you refer to are crisp and clear. As such no additional filing or drilling would be necessary.

Sirs:

I guess this is not the place for scholarly debate or honesty.

Quote by ncblksmth1 View Post
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing isn't it.
    This post warrants no further replies...
    My opinion was given and received this sort of insult response? Someone else can argue....I'll have no more to do with this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast