Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.

Article about: Everyone, I need help assessing this clasp's authenticity. Bob

Default Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.

Everyone, I need help assessing this clasp's authenticity. Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.   Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.  

Last edited by Adrian; 06-25-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.

Hi There

Not a slightest chance - fake all the way.

regards

Thank you for the response.

Can you please tell me a couple of things that tell you this is a fake. I am going to return this clasp, along with a few other fakes that I bought from a local seller, but I will need a few details about the items' lack of authenticity. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

?

Quote by Flieger23 View Post
    Hi There

Not a slightest chance - fake all the way.

regards
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for your comment. It would be very helpful if you can qualify your statement with the reasons you believe this to be a fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi guys

Why I do consider badge in question as a fake - many reasons for this :
    Obverse :
    1.Check the shape of riveted arrow .Osang that is a quality , zinc or buntmetal - badge in question has none ,
    2.Border of the leaves - not sharp at all ( signs of poor quality casting )
    Reverse :
    1.Bogus FLL type pin and catch for zinc badges. Badge in question acts as a buntmetal one.
    2.Very soft edges - clear signs of casting
    3.Wrong maker mark

Sorry guys - badge in question has no chances as far as I'm concerned. More over - I would highly appreciate if someone can show me pictures of original Osang maker marked buntmetal fighter clasp. I have problems to find such in my files.

regards
    Flieger23

Flieger23,

Great answers. Thank you very much. I will be returning this clasp, along with everything else that I bought from this seller/crook, but I would not be able to do it without have a good reason(s). Your help here is VERY much appreciated.

Bob

Bob

One more thing - as mentioned , I have problems to find pictures of buntmetal fighter clasp by Osang.
    But check please here the quality of early buntmetal Osang - attached.
    Also - compare some details of Osang's fighter zincer with yours

IMO - save your money and continue hunting for original fighter clasp with pendant ( as I do... !!! , not easy job )

regards
    Flieger23
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.   Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.  

Frontflugspange für Jäger in Gold mit 700 anhänger.  

Thanks, but unfortunately at this point it is a matter of getting my money back. It is going to be difficult, but I am going to do it. The seller is local, so I can make his life miserable is he doesn't refund my money. I will literally go to shows and tell anyone who approaches his booth that he sells fakes. A day or so of that, and he should become cooperative.

Bob
    What I've learned in this hobby :
    1.If making any purchases from the web - post the pictures prior making any payment and get consensus / reliable assessment about the badge .
    2.If making purchases on local shows - agree with the seller right to withdraw the deal within agreed period , I had such cases in the past - it was no problem.
    Today I also returned from local show - trust me , perhaps 95% were fakes and the sellers were saying : yeah... it is original , in my opinion..
    Two things I bought there : ticket and a coffee , as usual . But possibility to train the eye , the hand , to get the feeling - is priceless.

Wishing you good luck in getting your money back - should not be difficult if he is local.

Regards
    Flieger23