Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold

Article about: Greetings... I have had this Maker Marked Richard Simm & Sohn Luftwaffe Gold Bombers Clasp for 23 years. It has a different box hinge versus the normal ball hinge seen on these in my tra

?

Default Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold

Greetings...

I have had this Maker Marked Richard Sieper & Sohne Luftwaffe Gold Bombers Clasp for 23 years. It has a different box hinge versus the normal ball hinge seen on these in my travels.

I believe I remember finding this in an antique shop in ND when I was 25 years old traveling and bought it for $35.00 with 5 other tinnies not knowing much about them at the time. Came across one just like it the other day with the same clasp and box hinge.

What do you think about its authenticity? Based on the past threads and doing some digging on line the last few days I believe it is okay. Little worn on the lack of gold finish.

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  
    Last edited by Rossi; 07-03-2016 at 02:32 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold
    P
    Many

You dont think the catch is repaired Kirk?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    You dont think the catch is repaired Kirk?
    Hey Dan,

Morning. In looking at it closely it does not seem to have been repaired but I may be mistaken. Here are some pictures of the one I saw last week and took some photo shots for reference. I wanted to post separate from mine to avoid confusion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  

Was its catch the same? I dont own one but looking at other box hinge setups the hook catch seems different.

Sorry missed the last photo... my bad.
    Just a messy solder job?

?

Here is one with the other ball hinge type catch / clasp for reference as well. My feeling is mine is okay and if not I am not out much as I paid nothing for it when I was a young buck and could have got lucky with the other tinnies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  
    Attached Images Attached Images Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold  Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger, Gold 

it looks ok to me Rossi.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it looks ok to me Rossi.
    Thank you fine Sir! Have a super day! I still look at this little clasp and chuckle. Found in a tin box with tinnies in ND 20+ years ago and paid $30.00 I think. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile right?

I'm no expert on these, but to me just a sloppy soldering (Friday afternoon job). Finish is intact & not scorched, which would happen with a repair. You have to remember factory workers were on "piece work". The more they turn out the higher their pay. Stewy

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I'm no expert on these, but to me just a sloppy soldering (Friday afternoon job). Finish is intact & not scorched, which would happen with a repair. You have to remember factory workers were on "piece work". The more they turn out the higher their pay. Stewy
    My Oma worked in these factories prior to and during the war. Funny you mentioned Soldering. When she came home as a warbride she worked 30+ years soldering circuit boards at EF Johnson CBs and Radios. She I am sure did not solder this one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast