Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe award

Article about: I have never seen this award before. I assume it was from the 1940 invasion of France. Any thoughts please?

?

Default Fur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe award

I have never seen this award before. I assume it was from the 1940 invasion of France. Any thoughts please?Fur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe awardFur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe awardFur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe award

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fur Treue Dienstleistungen Luftwaffe award
    P
    Many

Taken from 'Non portable Luftwaffe awards' by Stijn David:

Medaille fur Treue Dienste im Feldluftgau Westfrankreich (Luftwaffe Air District Belgium -Northern France Medal for Meritorious Achievements)

This award was instituted in the summer off 1944 (exact date not presently known) by the commanding officer from the Field Air District Western France "General der Flakartillerie" Dr. Weismann.

Due to the late date off the institution from thsi medal (and the wounding from the commanding officer on June 1944) it never came to a official institution. The only official award ( know untill now ) was made on 05.08.1944 to a Stabshelferin, there could be made no further awards at this time due to the invasion in Normandy and the Following retraet from the German forces (also from the Field Air District France).

The other produced medals where also taken with the retraeting forces (and staff of Field Air District FRance ) back to Germany. Near Stuttgart the resting awards where given to the remaining (stabshelferinnen ) Female members off staff (without award certificate) and what was left over from the stock on medals at that time was given to the Luftgaukommando VII.

This medal is made from Bronze and is 41 mm large, the design was made by a Staffmember from the Field Air District France. It was produced by the Firm Delande in Paris. It is stated that there also should exist a miniature from this award (20 mm , same front as the large medal and hollow back).

The front side shows a stylized map off FRance with above it a flying Luftwaffe eagle (head pointing to the right) and above it the words "ALLES FÜR DEUTSCHLAND 3".

The back shows the following text in Latin script "FÜR TREUE DIENSTLEISTUNGEN IM BEREICH DES FELDLUFTGAUKOMMANDOS WESTFRANKREICH" within a laurel leave.

Assuming it's not a fake, it must be rather rare.....But which is it?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Assuming it's not a fake, it must be rather rare.....But which is it?
    That.

Is the conundrum.

I've never seen one before so can't comment on originality but I hope there is someone here who can.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

It came from the grand daughter of a vet here with a an assortment of other original items, so I can only assume that it was aquired at the same time. Asking price $150