Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gedenk medalle

Article about: Hi guys sorry if I’ve put these in the wrong place. Please could you help me with this medallion I have been offered, never seen one before but, I cant seem to find out much about it, and ne

Default Gedenk medalle

Hi guys sorry if I’ve put these in the wrong place.
    Please could you help me with this medallion I have been offered, never seen one before but, I cant seem to find out much about it, and need to give the seller an answer by tomorrow night.
    Just the usual questions like how can i tell if its real and is it a commemorative medal and when were they issued, sorry if it seems as if I am being lazy on these ones, its just that I could spend hours trying to research these. Which I will be doing anyway but may run out of time, So I am hoping one of my friends on here can help.
    How much should I offer?
    Thank you in advance
    Rod
    Gedenk medalleGedenk medalle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gedenk medalle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gedenk medalle

Never seen one before or heard of these Rod so I'm not much help. I'm guessing it's a post war piece as the date 1945 is on there. No-one knew when the war would end before it did.

There is also the absence of a swastika on the badge, again, pointing towards post war production.

I like the Destroyer badge image though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Gedenk medalle

I thought post war as well Adrian perhaps in this case a commemorative medal for those in the kriegsmarine. It would be nice to know if they even existed or when they were given out.
    Thanks
    Rod