Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I'm not familiar with all the makers of these badges, and even more challenging is that this one isn't even marked. I'd appreciate any help the experts can provide in both authentica

?

Default Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...

Hi all. I'm not familiar with all the makers of these badges, and even more challenging is that this one isn't even marked. I'd appreciate any help the experts can provide in both authentication and identification (of the maker) of this badge...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...
    P
    Many

Hi Darren,

Personally, I think this is a fake based on the FLL design P/O badge. Better wait for the opinion of those more up to speed on these first though before giving it the heave-ho.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned. I've seen some pretty good fakes of these, which is why I posted it, so I wouldn't doubt it. That said, it sure does look pretty I'll definitely will wait for some more opinions from the experts.

If it is a duffer, it's one of the best fakes out there of these badges and fooled a lot of folks for a long time. I know a guy who got bit for 1800 Euro's by one just like it made from aluminium. My main concern is the hardware, I can't match it up to the FLL design, and the rivets are a bit dodgy too in my opinion. Best wait out and see is the best though!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, have a look at an early Juncker example in terms of the hardware. They're a very close match. I'm curious if Juncker made some unmarked versions.

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Ned, have a look at an early Juncker example in terms of the hardware. They're a very close match. I'm curious if Juncker made some unmarked versions.
    I see what you're on about Darren, but that bird ain't a Juncker one, not on a J1, J2, or J3 type badge.

?

I had one just like this one, in the blue box it was issued in..the box looked great, lots of wear, proper hinges ect, The badge showed wear on the "high" points ect, I was sure it was good, then a fellow that is a big time collector of German stuff took a look at it, he must have spent half an hour with a loop, he told me it was not right, but it was the best repro of one of these he had ever seen.

Dean O
    Canada

Hello Dzyner,
    it looks like a cast fake to me.
    What I see (or not) is a complete lack of detail on the wreath edges.
    All the best
    Doug

I am not sure with this badge. It is for sure the "FLL" attributed design.

The set up, hinge, needle is to find in this way on early P/O badges attributed to FLL. I agree with Ned, that the shape of the rivets is looking a bit strange. I am not sure with the catch based on this pics.

Suspect line on the talons area also to see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...  

Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen...let's hear them pronounce That one 3 times fast....what a mouthful...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast