Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...

Article about: Hi all. I'm not familiar with all the makers of these badges, and even more challenging is that this one isn't even marked. I'd appreciate any help the experts can provide in both authentica

Although not identical it looks a pretty close match to the reproduction below...this time stamped for Juncker

Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen: opinions...
    P
    Many

This does not look right

Just comparing details with original FLL PO badges bearing in mind that there are several accepted variations of FLL PO badges.

At one the swastika looks to be too thick.
    At two there is no detail on the inside of the ribbon (visible on every other FLL attributed PO badges and I am quite sure (I may be wrong) that it should be the same wreath that was used on the FLL Observer badges)
    At three that often found lemon gold colour that is found on FLL badges does not seem to be apparent here.

To me there are enough differences to make this a questionable badge. But damn that eagle is good.

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I am not sure with this badge. It is for sure the "FLL" attributed design.

The set up, hinge, needle is to find in this way on early P/O badges attributed to FLL. I agree with Ned, that the shape of the rivets is looking a bit strange. I am not sure with the catch based on this pics.

Suspect line on the talons area also to see.
    I looked long and hard at that too! I was thinking "Has it been re-nazified?" Obviously not when you look closely at the un disturbed obverse area around the legs/tail feather region, but a sure bad sign for it being genuine.

I'm pretty certain I've seen the exact set up of bird and wreath previously, and maker marked as by Juncker and JMME, so it's making me say now this is a definite copy. A great copy, but still a no-no....

I shall investigate further later on.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Found the JMME copy. Although Doug casts doubts on his Juncker pictures, the bird and wreath are the same as this one, and neither that or the purported JMME one below match either maker but are a match for an FLL design badge, and that's not right. Therefore I'll be done here and reiterate, I now believe 100% that the original badge posted is a fake.notcool

We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Just comparing details with original FLL PO badges bearing in mind that there are several accepted variations of FLL PO badges.

At one the swastika looks to be too thick.
    At two there is no detail on the inside of the ribbon (visible on every other FLL attributed PO badges and I am quite sure (I may be wrong) that it should be the same wreath that was used on the FLL Observer badges)
    At three that often found lemon gold colour that is found on FLL badges does not seem to be apparent here.

To me there are enough differences to make this a questionable badge. But damn that eagle is good.

All the best
    Doug

Hi Doug,

The main problem here is the rear set up. Yes, FLL did have variations in their badges, in the materials used (Buntmetall, Buntmetall/Zinc and all Zinc) and especially the rear set ups, none of which match the rear set up on the OP's badge. That configuration was never used on any FLL badges of any kind I can find anywhere, therefore in my opinion it's no good.

Regards, Ned.

Hi Ned, found an old thread I entered a while back of a fake FLL bird, thought it would be interesting to add it to this thread, Best Regards, Juan

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...linden-542394/

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Doug,

The main problem here is the rear set up. Yes, FLL did have variations in their badges, in the materials used (Buntmetall, Buntmetall/Zinc and all Zinc) and especially the rear set ups, none of which match the rear set up on the OP's badge. That configuration was never used on any FLL badges of any kind I can find anywhere, therefore in my opinion it's no good.

Regards, Ned.

?

Thanks guys. I'll toss this one to the dogs.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen...let's hear them pronounce That one 3 times fast....what a mouthful...
    That's why Germans don't play Scrabble.....

Nice one Ned
    Quote by big ned View Post
    That's why Germans don't play Scrabble.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2