MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Chest Pin

Article about: I have a friend in an Eastern European country (Bulgaria) asking about this pin. I have no idea the story behind it. No swastika but a German helmet??? Could it be Nazi occupation pin? They

Default German Chest Pin

I have a friend in an Eastern European country (Bulgaria) asking about this pin. I have no idea the story behind it. No swastika but a German helmet???German Chest Pin Could it be Nazi occupation pin? They were occupied until 1944 when Stalin took over any help please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Chest Pin
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Chest Pin

Looks like a firefighter badge from Baden-Württemberg - post 1945.
    Bulgaria was not occupied but was a German ally until changing sides in 1944.

Wow you know your history Meyle77. Great info. It has that heer helmet on it. You woulkd think the russians would burn it. Thanks for the info.

It's not a Heer helmet, it's a German firefighters helmet...same shape, big difference.
    cheers, Glenn

The same style helmet was used post-war by firefighters and police - Academic dictionaries and encyclopedias. | Page not found
    It is post-1945 items - possibly gift from visiting German firefighters - no political agenda :-)

Thanks Glenn, I see But why would any german "helmet" be on a pin supposedly post german occupation? And is there any value to this pin?

The pin is of German origin and made post-1945 - it has not connection with Bulgaria other than it ended up there after the war as a collectible.
    Again, there was no German occupation so there is no "occupiers legacy". I would value it at $10 or $20 tops - firefighter collectors will like it.
    Please google history of Bulgaria and German firefighter helmets and you will quickly get the info you need.

Glenn and meyle77 you are awesome! great knowledge. Thanks for that info. My friend is from Bulgaria and the king was poisoned by Hitler for harboring Jews. Starting to make sense.

Please do some reading on Bulgaria !

It has never been definitively proven that Boris was poisoned...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast