Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Cross (Gold) AKA Deutsches Kreuz - no MM

Article about: by blackheart0866 Let me get this correct, you are selling off items that was given to you, that belonged to your uncle, That recently passed away. This is the main reason i have it in my wi

Default Re: German Cross (Gold) AKA Deutsches Kreuz - no MM

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Let me get this correct, you are selling off items that was given to you, that belonged to your uncle, That recently passed away.

This is the main reason i have it in my will, that all of my military items will not be sold off, that if any, and all of my relatives sell off the items i leave to them, they can be sued by other relatives.

My son has told me, that he wants everything, and that he has no intentions of selling the items off, that he plans on keeping them, and passing them on to his kids in the future.

I hate to see collections broken up and thrown into the wind, never to be seen from again.

Brian
    I like that Brain my Dad my uncle and my cousin are giving me all their stuff at their passing.My kid will get all my stuff and will keep going.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-14-2010 at 08:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross (Gold) AKA Deutsches Kreuz - no MM
    P
    Many

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    From manions auction house really ,I never bought anything from them but I was told they were a good place to buy stuff.I better tell my cousin.
    I should clarify - i have a ton of receipts from manions that do refer to alot of pieces as "COPY" or "REPRO" or "ORIGINAL". So they weren't necessarily trying to pass off copies for originals, etc. It's just hard to put it all together via the receipts as I don't know a ton about these things to begin with but I'm getting there. I'll show you a few of the receipts once I get the pieces matched up. If you go on manion's today, you'll still see that they are up front about whether something is original or repro. I could be mistaken but I'd think any kind of a company passing off fakes for originals would be fraud on some level, no?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Let me get this correct, you are selling off items that was given to you, that belonged to your uncle, That recently passed away.

This is the main reason i have it in my will, that all of my military items will not be sold off, that if any, and all of my relatives sell off the items i leave to them, they can be sued by other relatives.

My son has told me, that he wants everything, and that he has no intentions of selling the items off, that he plans on keeping them, and passing them on to his kids in the future.

I hate to see collections broken up and thrown into the wind, never to be seen from again.

Brian
    1. You have no idea of my situation so don't pass judgement based on a comment made in passing.
    2. They are not my uncles personal medals. He bought and sold military collectibles his whole life and was in process of selling off pieces.
    3. I will be keeping some of the items but if you saw the amount of things that I had, I think you'd understand that I cannot possibly keep all of these. As mentioned, I will sell the majority and keep some of the pieces in the family. But the whole collection just cannot possibly be kept.
    4. This is what people do with collectibles - buy and sell them, is it not?
    5. My uncle told me to sell the collection. He told me to send everything back to manions and have them deal with it. I'd rather do my research first and learn about some of these things before hand.

Thanks for passing judgement based off a single sentence without knowing anything about me at all. There are many helpful members here so you go ahead and give your advice to the people who you think fit into your nice little category of those who are trading collectibles for reasons that are acceptable to you. I feel bad for your son if you put a clause into your will stating that. Sad.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-14-2010 at 08:44 PM.

i never meant to infer in my posting that Manion's was a knowing participent in the promulgation of high end fakes,,,i believe they had no knowledge of this,and only the eventual buyers would have that succinct experience to ferret out the near-perfect copies,,,i believe that Manions was used because at the time they were just about the biggest military auction around pre-internet,,,and the talented fakers used the best venue available to them to push their junk on unsuspecting collectors,,,,

i wish my son was interested in history,,,i would gladly leave my collection to him but he's not and that is that...now i am out selling as much as i can of my collection, because he will have no idea what to ask for it should he come into possession of it..so i will have my fun at divesting the hundreds/thousands of items in the collection and what isn't sold at the time will be left to a good friend,,what he does with the items i would leave him is up to him,,,after all is said and done,,,they are basically items to bought,sold,bartered,etc,,,and hopefully someone else will come into ownership of these artifacts that has an appreciation for history and what these relics represent,,

?

Guys KP has been given a bit of a hammering here before the full circumstances of his reasons for posting were known , he has now explained why he is intending to sell these items but the bottom line is that if someone inherits something from a family member and has no interest or knowledge in collecting militaria then it is up to them whether they want to keep them or not and they should not be judged on that descision with knee jerk reactions. How do many items we buy come onto the market ?....... sold by family members for many reasons !!

KP has replied to the accusations thrown at him by explaining himself in a thouroughly reasonable manner so lets leave it at that !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank you for your intervention Paul. I have now tidied up the thread and removed any potentially insulting comments.
    Everyone is free to do whatever they want with their possessions and should not be subjected to comments such as I have read here.
    KP should not have to defend his actions regarding the decision on whether or not to sell his late Uncle's collection. Everyone has their own thoughts on the subject and they will differ. That does not make anyone one individual right or wrong and no-one has the right on this forum to voice their opinion in such a derogatory manner.
    Agree to disagree by all means but most importantly, respect each other's opinions and choices and do not resort to any inflammatory remarks.
    Any further repeat of this will result in action being taken against the member(s) in question.
    The thread was started to discuss a Deutsche Kreuz. It has been identified as a fake and there is no further reason to keep the thread open.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2