Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Cross in Gold from Normandy

Article about: Hello, Here is my German Cross in Gold, it is an example by Zimmermann. What is neat is that it was captured by a great-uncle of mine in Normandy (it just has a few scratches on it from comb

?

Thumbs up German Cross in Gold from Normandy

Hello,
    Here is my German Cross in Gold, it is an example by Zimmermann. What is neat is that it was captured by a great-uncle of mine in Normandy (it just has a few scratches on it from combat wear). I was given this cross when I was 8 (41 years ago). It is one of my first German medals. I even took this to school for show and tell once (those were the days).

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Cross in Gold from Normandy   German Cross in Gold from Normandy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross in Gold from Normandy
    P
    Many

I love the personal/family connection with all items
    that were bring-backs. Very nice award.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Fantastic cross with a great provenance, my granddad came back from Germany after the war and filled a drawer in his side board with awards he "liberated" in 1944/45. Unfortunately the side board and all contents were DUMPED in the 1960's. Leon.

A beautiful cross with nice sentimentality

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Now that is a great piece. It's great when this history gets passed down. The items my great uncle "liberated" will always be with me until they get passed down as well. He had quite a few other items that he handed down to his sons who in turn sold them, which upset him. So now I know why he passed the remaining items on to me before he passed away early last year. Always keep these items in your family so they know the history that surrounds them and also so that the legacy of the family members who served is not forgotten.