Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German General and his awards

Article about: Still can't find that General on the web site that Kradmelter gave me. That site is great for looking up German generals. It Gives history and everything. Just my German is not that good. If

Default Re: German General and his awards

Still can't find that General on the web site that Kradmelter gave me. That site is great for looking up German generals. It Gives history and everything. Just my German is not that good. If anyone is looking for information on Heer Generals this is the site we need for a sticky for the Forum..
    Thanks for all your help.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German General and his awards
    P
    Many

?

Fred is indeed quite correct no one sholud be bidding on these items without being able to examine them closely , if this group is original and has concrete provenance to a Heer General , RKT ,Deutsche Kreuz in Gold Winner then it will cost a very big price probably way more than Fred's estimate.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks again to all my forum friends for your imput. I am not going to bid on these now I have the answers from you all. You have saved me again.
    Again thank you.
    John

Update: The Grouping with photo brought $3000.00. The KC with oakleaves in the case brought $6500.00.
    Just thought I would let you all know. And yes I didn't buy them as you advised. Good thing, They may have been good fakes. I was not there to look at them and wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway.
    Thanks to my fellow Forum friends. They saved me again.
    Again, Thank you for all the imput on these unknown items.

John

These auctions get salted with a lot of fancy fakes. If genuine items, the medals are worth far more than the selling price. It makes one wonder.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I would say that the framed medals (which were sold for 3000$)are a combination of original and postwar medals (postwar for display purpose). If the DKiG or EK1 spange or EK1 are original we would need better pictures or at least a full description from the auction. Medalbar you can clearely see that it is the one from the mentioned link, so is the feldspange.

One will never know. But if it really was his . Bob Is right it is worth far more than it brought. Thanks for finding this generalleutnant.

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3