Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?

Article about: Your a Very lucky person im so jealous lol!

Default German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?

Hi,

I recently picked these pieces up. Story was they were found in the attic of a WW2 veteran. All the pieces came out the attic together so I am assuming if one is real they all are real. These are the first Nazi insignias/medals I have ever gotten and just want to know what I have here. It seems as if in every different part of WW2 collecting there are a million new things to learn!

Thanks,
    Phil

German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?

Sorry, for some reason these didn't post in the same order I took them. Picture 1 goes with Luftwaffe eagle with gold wreath....

They all look good to me.
    Does picture 1 say L/6 for the stamp on the back of the pilot observer badge?

So doing a quick review there seems to be a lot of Assmann stuff.
    You have the Pilot Observer by Assmann,
    Tropical helmet badge
    Police Shako Badge
    Panzer Collar Tab
    Bronze Mothers Cross
    LW Cap Eagle Assmann
    Km Cap badge
    RadioOP/Air Gunner Assmann
    Assmann GAB
    and the EK1 is L11 Deumer
    All original
    Well done
    All the best Doug

Yes, I believe it is "A L/6". Is this significant. Here's another picture.

German Insignia, Gold Mine or Dumpster?

Is there a book or reference piece that is highly recommended for these things? I hope to be a collector for the next 50 years and would really like a reference to go to that is not Google. Thanks for all the help!

Hello Phil,
    there are lots of reference books but being on the forums is the best as you will be given lots of good advice.
    the best badge of the bunch you have is the pilot observer made by Assmann with the double stamp L/6 and the A mark.
    It would be the only one I would make you an offer on but if you are keeping it for the next 50 years it needs to be stored in a good dry environment as the zinc is showing the characteristic bubbling.
    A bit of vaseline on the eagle will help
    All the best
    Doug

PM Sent

very nice pick up,rare these days.

Thanks! I am going to be honest, I was pretty nervous before I knew for sure these are authentic. I've heard a lot of horror stories about fakes and am glad this area of collecting for me has started out well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast