Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Medal original or fake

Article about: Please help me to inspect is this meal authentic one or not,thanks a lot.

Default German Medal original or fake

Please help me to inspect is this meal authentic one or not,thanks a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Medal original or fake   German Medal original or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medal original or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Medal original or fake

need a shot of the edges if possible, but I'm no real expert on these

Regards
    René

I'm a bit rusty on these, but I'll try. I hope I don't get a verbal spanking for this, but I am not too fond of it. Here are some photos below to illustrate why I don't.

The areas I have pointed out look very soft, as in a poor casting. Additionally, it looks like there are some flaws around some of the letters on the reverse. Also, look at the area below the branch and sword on the reverse.

Now, I may be off the mark on this one, but even if it is good Kevin, you can do MUCH better than this as a representative example. These are by no means rare, and you can occasionally fine early ones in bunt metal with all of the paint and frosting...they are beautiful in comparison to the zinc ones. BTW...is the ring open or closed...also any marks on the ring??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Medal original or fake   German Medal original or fake  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is the type you want, look at the difference in quality...

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Kevin, the one you showed is not want which you would want for your collection. It is bad.

Here is one from my collection, which is a later production example without the silver wash to the edge. Note the good detail etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Attached Images Attached Images German Medal original or fake 

Hi Adrian Stevenson
    So the conclusion is it's fake one,right?
    Thanks for your inspection.

Steve:
    Thanks a lot for your detail information.I really appreciate your heartfelt help.

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Adrian Stevenson
    So the conclusion is it's fake one,right?
    Thanks for your inspection.

Steve:
    Thanks a lot for your detail information.I really appreciate your heartfelt help.
    Kevin, no problem. If you haven't bought it already...DON'T. It is surprising how many fakes of this medal are out there, and the fakers have gotten very good at producing examples of even common medals that requires some scrutiny...that is to say that the days of obviously crude fakes is becoming something of the past. This in part, is why I stopped collecting TR. I found that I had to be part historian, part scientist, part metallurgist and part magician to identify really high end fakes - it just wasn't any fun for me any more...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Kevin, yes I would say it is a fake.

Cheers, Ade.

Sorry Kev,it's a fake. For the reasons already stated,plus i'm not keen on the grenade. Stewy S

Hi Every senior
    Thanks for let me know it's fake.it's really hard to differentiate between original and fake if without your kind help.I am really blessed by you all in this great forum.