Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German militaria lot... opinions?

Article about: Hey everyone, I have purchased a German militaria from seller and I realized that some of the stuff that were purchased (SS armband, Heer belt buckle) turned out to be fakes. Anyways, I also

Default German militaria lot... opinions?

Hey everyone,

I have purchased a German militaria from seller and I realized that some of the stuff that were purchased (SS armband, Heer belt buckle) turned out to be fakes. Anyways, I also purchased the following items that seem like originals to me but of course I could be wrong. First, the 25yr faithful service medal looks good (IMO) but the red markings/rust on the reverse of the medal got me doubtful because I haven't seem examples of it on other medals (Note: I needed to re-pair the ribbon at one point). Second, the mother's cross in bronze looks original and I have no doubts about it (unfortunately, it's beat up) but I could still use members opinions. Lastly, the HJ armband looks wrong to me (especiallyl with the unequal 'diamond' shape).. It also has a stamp of a Luftwaffe logo inside the armband along with a stamp of Hitler's early signature (?). I just want to make sure of these items, thank you for viewing and have a nice day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German militaria lot... opinions?   German militaria lot... opinions?  

German militaria lot... opinions?   German militaria lot... opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German militaria lot... opinions?
    P
    Many

Can't see any photos!....
    Edit, i can now!...

?

Some say that all printed HJ armbands are fake because the regulations specifically forbade them, but there are photos of them in wear! The one pictured here is probably fake, though. Please wait for other opinions, because I don't really know enough about them to say with any degree of certainty. That said, the stamps you mention sound highly suspect.

I think that the medals are real. What's wrong with the Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen ribbon?

The 25 Year and the Mother's Cross in Bronze look to be original, but the Mother's Cross is very badly damaged and would heavily affect the value, of course. I have never heard of a Hitler Youth armband having a Hitler signature stamp inside it or a Luftwaffe one either-they would make no sense. I would say it's a pretty sure thing that it is not genuine. But, in any case, Welcome to the Forum! We look forward to seeing and hearing more from you!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for your quick responses, sorry the pictures weren't uploaded earlier.
    Thank you for your opinion Erno, the uneven ends of the diamond and how the swastika is shifted towards the upper end makes it look weird. I will wait for other responses. The only thing that concerns me about the 25yr medal is the red rust on the reverse since I haven't seen it on other examples.. I just mentioned that some reparations were done to the ribbon and so the ribbon may look a bit different (but it's not really that evident or important, idk why i mentioned it lol)

?

As always, please post these items separately and in the correct forums.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....