Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment

Article about: A college friend said he had an iron cross that belonged to his aunt's second husband. The family had no interest in keeping it and asked would I like to have it? Answer? Why yes please! The

Default Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment

A college friend said he had an iron cross that belonged to his aunt's second husband. The family had no interest in keeping it and asked would I like to have it? Answer? Why yes please! The recipient's name was Adolf Neimke.
    I have no other info yet but will ask. To my surprise, this is what showed up. The first award is unknown to me-possibly Rumanian? The second ribbon looks like the WWI war service or Hindenburg medal ribbon. The third ribbon is a WWII war merit medal with an interesting angled cut I assume for sewing into a buttonhole. The fourth item is the EK2 with a bit of ribbon attached. Finally, there was Krim shield in the box. I am looking for an ID of the first medal and ribbon and opinions on the Krim shield. I would be happy to post additional photos and move any item to an appropriate location. Thanks in advance for any help. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment
    P
    Many

A better look at the EK2. It is a two part construction and appears 100% good to me. The loop is slightly bent and obviously the ribbon has seen better days. NH

Update: All items are from the same man - a Romanian national. The first medal is a Romanian Loyal Service Cross Type II Class III missing the medal part. NH

Hi ,the Rumanian medal(first one left) is the Cross for faithful service awarded for long/faithful service, awarded to rumanians and members of tha axis forces...you are missing the cross...hope this helps..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gift: Medals and ribbons assortment  

DarrenJ, thanks - this info corroborates my own. Apparently, I have a Romanian soldiers awards for his service in the Axis including at Crimea. NH

A nice gift! Learn as much as you can about the original recipient of course, and write it down for future historic purpose.

?

Very nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

as Nathan said.