Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?

Article about: I would appreciate any help identifying this item. I can not find it in my limited ref. materials. Supposed to be a bring back but I do not know the couple who are selling (both about 70 and

Default Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?

I would appreciate any help identifying this item. I can not find it in my limited ref. materials. Supposed to be a bring back but I do not know the couple who are selling (both about 70 and claim Father bring home). Thank you RichardAttachment 691262Attachment 691263
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-26-2014 at 05:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?
    P
    Many

It represents a Red cross Honor badge, but MUCH better photos would be required to confirm.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am getting close ups front, back and sides and larger better definition. Will post later tonight. Should I get a very closeup of anything? Thank you Richard the old retired guy in FL

Quote by suwanneetrader View Post
    I am getting close ups front, back and sides and larger better definition. Will post later tonight. Should I get a very closeup of anything? Thank you Richard the old retired guy in FL
    The eagle. This is a very rare and valuable badge which is reproduced quite well, proceed with caution. What does the 10k stand for on the tag, the price?

The owner says his father had this little jeweler's tag on it so they would know it was real gold when he died. He had been told it tested 10k. He wants about $800.00 for it. He has about 40 WWII Nazi insignia, Medals, some cloth Eagles, etc torn off uniforms that he "claims" he doesn't know worth but will take $1,000.00 as his children would probably sell for nothing as fast as they could, so he and wife might as well take a vacation. I collect USMC WWII and older, a black lady who sells misc at the flea market bought some jewelry from this couple and saw the display cases and as I buy most of the military items she saves just for me, she gave me the name and phone number. I stopped buying Nazi items about 20 years ago due to so many copies, unless they come from the vet's family and are cheap. I do not consider these cheap and he seems to know too much even tho he says he does not. He said they put a few pieces on E-Bay and got kicked off. Thanks for the help, if we can determine they are OK I will put on this forum for part cash and part trade WWI WWII USMC. Richard

?

Hello,
    I never knew that they used real gold on these. The example my friend has is just fire-gilted tombak.

Jody

Color me skeptical that it is real 10K gold....I have never heard of this happening with these lower end awards/decorations.

For one thing, did they Use alot of 10K in wartime Germany? I, too, have never seen a solid Gold one of these crosses and would think that it is simply fire gilded as mentioned. If it Was solid 10K, there should certainly be a metal purity stamping on it somewhere. I very much doubt that it is.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

They may have had it tested, and it likely is 10K, but as Jody
    said it's only plated, not solid. From my end it looks like
    a repro. Caution would be wise as there may be some
    good, albeit minor pieces mixed with bad.

Much better individual close-up pics are needed.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Exactly. No doubt it was given the rub test by a jeweler and came up as "10K"-which only means that it was probably plated with 10K, is all. I still have doubts on the use of 10K gold in wartime Germany...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast