Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?

Article about: I would appreciate any help identifying this item. I can not find it in my limited ref. materials. Supposed to be a bring back but I do not know the couple who are selling (both about 70 and

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?
    P
    Many

I got the better pictures so I'm going to bump this and hope those who said they would offer an opinion with better pics see this post again. All WWII stuff is getting harder and harder to find and if this piece is good I want to try to buy it and the other small items for trade stock on my USMC first love. Richard

Help Please Even if info is it is a post war copy, come on I can take it Richard

The cross as pictured above is a post war creation in my opinion. While it is trying to mimic originals by Godet few details do not add up. Also unlike its lower class counterparts- the first class neck cross was always finished in gilt- never electroplated which resulted in softer, more muted appearance with different hue- much different than this one.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

The "Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Rote Kreuz. Kreuz 1. Klasse" or 1st class Cross of the German Red Cross (neck order), in WW2 virtually no use of gold, except for a handful of awards such as the Eagle order.....and then by law they would have to be marked/stamped, the usual gold standard was "585" equivalent to U.K. standard 14K. (i.e. 14/24 parts = 58% pure), the mark can be encountered abbreviated to "58"............
    This is the 1957 regulation official post war version sans swastika, it reverted back to its pre war form, 1934-1937.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?  

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the one shown by Richard is a fake IMO, a reproduction, and not a good one at that ! distinctive ball mount for suspension ring is missing and no Red Cross motif on chest of Eagle (all versions of this award, wether 1934-37,1938-45 and 1957 officially had this feature) ! see attached image..................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Cross Help -- Real or Fantasy?  

Thank you again for info and I believe this one is only gilt and the 10k gold tag was just an uninformed son's " I hope all the Nazi things I got from Father are worth a lot" (type of family member we run across a lot. ). Looks like I do not dare venture out of my comfort zone and buy all just to have some trade merchandise. I won't tell them it is most likely a copy and let them find out when they go to a Gun Show they were speaking of. Richard

Here is a link to Snyder's Treasures where he is offering some without the Red Cross on the Eagle breast and no ball on top. http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/medals.htm No wonder I got confused Richard

Yeah, right next to the post war St u L PLM that was found in Goering's Berchtesgaden home lol !
    Prost ! Steve.

oradour ----- Steve I believe you completely and I only posted link to show if one collects USMC or other Non-Nazi collectables be very aware that all web sites even long running ones may not help educate the folks like me trying to venture into an area that takes years and years to master. Richard[/I]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast