Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938

Article about: Honour Ring of the City Of Frankfurt, instituted in 1936 / Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks. First of all i wanna thank Dr.Gunter Stemmler for his kind cooperation. His published

?

Default Re: Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938

Big Ned Thx for your contribution

Cheers Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938

Ger that is a good looking ring.....I love how you have taken time out to find out all that information, I think that adds to the ring...makes it come alive a little..excellent work well done from the UAE.. Cheers Terry.

?

BEWARE-BEWARE-FAKES ALERT-BEWARE-BEWARE

fakes are showing up, they look pretty decent, but comparing it with the original, they can be spotted easily, when you know where to look!
    Please contact me if any of you are offered one, send me the pictures and i will examine the Ring for you.

Regards,
    Ger

This is the down side of posting good photos of rare and high end pieces. The faker's antennas immediately go up....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

One potential saving grace is considering the rarity of these pieces if the market suddenly has several appearing, questions will be asked and the rings scrutinised.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Well Gents,

i came accross a fake honour ring at an auction catalogue in Germany where the ring has been on auction.
    They assumed it was an Original, but after having doubts about its originality they took it out off the auction and sent it back to the owner.

Here's the story in a nutshell:
    in december 2012 a couple of pics where sent to me by a well known German militaria dealer who claimed to have found another Honour ring.
    This happend after i sent him in june 2012 a couple of high detailed pics with the question if he had encountered a ring like this, i was looking for any info and contacting dealers seemed a good way to start at that moment.

Well you all know by now i got the info needed from Dr G. Stemmler who had an article released about the Honourrings of Frankfurt and he provided me with detailed archive info, so it was possible for me to get the proper documents from the Frankfurter archives.

Here are a few pictures of the fake ring, note the low details, wrong use of materials, but most of all its clear to see that the engraving has been machine made.
    Also note the center point of the machinebank on the RAD swastika wheel.....
    I will keep futher details where this fake lacks in detail etc to myself, i think i revealed already a lot in this post here.
    But be sure, laying next to mine this one is a poor fake.
    Here are the pictures so this ring is in fact useless to the seller who thinks a reserve of 6500 euro was well worth making it....
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938Golden Honourring of the city of Frankfurt, Ehrenring der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks 1938
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-25-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Hi Ger Congratulations..and also with a detailed description . This great find should now throw all other fakes in the trash claiming authentic.

Well known dealers need to be on alert that their integrity is at stake....messing around and having these rings duplicated. It does catch up eventually .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That dealer should be black listed. That's absurd to send a supposedly reputable dealer pictures and Lo and Behold! Suddenly he finds one that is of questionable workmanship...That's blatant fraud and attempted theft-and especially at the high price being asked. There really needs to be laws enforced with people like this.

Good God, look at the crude cast surface and the hideous cartoony eagle...just ridiculous...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Good detective work

Ger, Thanks to you some unsuspecting collector did NOT wind up with this high end fake ! These are the types of things that make me sick-you send detailed pics of a very rare item to a supposedly legit dealer for review and he contracts a fake from your pics??? Thank god for this forum and collectors like you!!
    B

?

Goog going Ger...That "fake" ring looks dodgy on a good day!!. This Dealer should have tried to a better job of it!... & I think I know who the dealer is??... Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast