Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????

Article about: Thanks! I have never seen before, a picture of a german mother using her cross!!!

Default Re: Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????

Thanks!

I have never seen before, a picture of a german mother using her cross!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????
    P
    Many

I've had several over the years, and currently have a silver one that has the ends of the very long ribbon tied in a knot for wear. It came with a War Merit Medal and a RAD "Jugend Webliche" badge. The cross also exhibits tarnishing to the reverse where it has met with skin at sometime, likely worn quite often or on warm summer days..................

I've seen a few fake ones also that have a strange finish to the metal. - kind of like when oil or gasoline meets water, theres an uneven blue coloured "rainbow effect" to it.

Regards, Steve.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 02-18-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Nice colour pic from the Life archives of again an older lady wearing the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter im silber.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????  

Here is another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original???? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the pictures of mothers wearing their crosses. I did some reading on the cross to refresh my memory and included this dashing picture of an award document. Wish I had a document, pulled this off internet. I've only got a couple of crosses. It says the cross originated on 12/16/38. Those ladies look awful old to have had children between 1938 and 1945. I thought the cross was only awarded to mothers that had children during those seven years. But then again, I guess mothers had to have 10 babies to get the gold, so that doesn't make sense either. Alot of twins?

Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original???? 

Hi Jay, no, the award was given in retrospect. Hence the number of older ladies seen wearing it. In fact, you tend to see more photos of older ladies than younger Mothers.

Here is the annoucment of the award as posted in the January 1939 edition of "Frauen Warte" magazine. The quote in the left hand column of text is from Rudolf Hess' Christmas speech and says: "As a visible sign and as thanks from the German people, for mothers with children the honour-cross for the German mothers is granted by me".

The well known slogan is also seen: ' Das Kind adelt die Mutter' (The child ennobles the Mother).

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????  

Thanks Ade, I love the details of this stuff.

Jay

here the pic of back ( early pattern and extremely rare )mother cross
    pic from a web site

Thanks guy,

Very interesting and helpful information.

I'm always learning from all of you!

Regards

Fábio

R.R
    ?

Hi Fábio,

Here is another cased Deumer recently purchased from Mr. William Schmidt.

Regards,

R.Ricardo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????   Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????  

Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????   Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????  

Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????   Golden Mother Cross MINT: Original????  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast