Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a bunch of WW2 German Badges/Medals! What are they?

Article about: I purchased a large lot of items, everything from a couple fake helmets, couple real ones, nazi banner, robert kraas lions head sword, signed benito musolini letter and a bunch of original a

Default Got a bunch of WW2 German Badges/Medals! What are they?

I purchased a large lot of items, everything from a couple fake helmets, couple real ones, nazi banner, robert kraas lions head sword, signed benito musolini letter and a bunch of original and reproduction badges.

I know little to nothing about badges, I can distinguish the obvious reproductions and do a search on what they are.

Can you tell me whats what, if its real and the value?
    I am guessing the SS danmark band, attack boat with diamonds, SS badge and SS collar tabs are fake.. The ww1 submarine warfare also looks fishy..

The rest looks good to me
    The Uboat badge is a gold glimmer to it so I imagine it was originally the gold award.

First person who can accurately answer all the above with FAIR asking price(I want to sell them quickly but not screw myself or the buyer over) I will send $8 paypal gift for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got a bunch of WW2 German Badges/Medals! What are they?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Got a bunch of WW2 German Badges/Medals! What are they?

I'll take a punt and say Himmler's collar tabs are fake.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Lmao you mean I dont have a priceless item? haha

Yeah that one I figured as much lol.

?

The only things that stand a chance of being original are the Flottenkriegsabzeichen, the marksmanship lanyard and the urkunde for the Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkampfer..

The rest are fake so to give a fair price is hard as there is no going rate for serious collectors of TR militaria.

They are fairly worthless unless you find someone who specifically collects reproduction items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

How do you know they are fake? The ww2 sub badge looked really good to me..
    And I am not getting defensive, generally interested so I know what to look for in future.

What might the marksmanship lanyard be worth
    Quote by Adrian View Post
    The only things that stand a chance of being original are the Flottenkriegsabzeichen, the marksmanship lanyard and the urkunde for the Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkampfer..

The rest are fake so to give a fair price is hard as there is no going rate for serious collectors of TR militaria.

They are fairly worthless unless you find someone who specifically collects reproduction items.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Andy goddamit LOL

Regards, Lars

?

The Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie might also be 'original' - at least a Bacqueville made badge - if indeed these are real. There has been debate on these for years with no conclusion, you either believe in them or you don't.

?

Quote by ncreptile View Post
    How do you know they are fake? The ww2 sub badge looked really good to me..
    And I am not getting defensive, generally interested so I know what to look for in future.

What might the marksmanship lanyard be worth
    I know they are fake because they don't match any known and accepted wartime made badges. The thin needle like pins were not found on any genuine Imperial or TR badge, the pins as seen on the Spanienkreuz and U-Boots Kriegsabzeichen are also not found on any TR badge and are actually commonly found on fakes.

The insignia - well, compare to seventy year old TR made pieces and then compare to those made in Pakistan or the Far East last week and tell me which they most resemble......

You will also note that Himmler did not wear collar tabs such as these, his were a unique design, not SS runes. Google him and find a photo.

Use the search button here on the forum and look up similar items, you will be in no doubt there are alot of fakes above. If you wish, take good, close, front and back shots of each piece and post them seperately in their own threads.

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, with the Possible exception of the Lanyard, I'm not seeing Any of the pieces in the lot that look to be genuine...and, the more I look at the lanyard, the more that I doubt it it as well....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast