Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got my silver SA Sportsabzeichen through today

Article about: Chuffed to have got my SA sports silver badge through today (first 2 pics) , even just putting a little display together with my bronze & stickpins (last pic) they look great altogether.

?

Default Got my silver SA Sportsabzeichen through today

Chuffed to have got my SA sports silver badge through today (first 2 pics) , even just putting a little display together with my bronze & stickpins (last pic) they look great altogether. My stickpins are different sizes and i am still unsure if the bigger stickpin on the left is a gold or bronze?. However i just love the SA sports design.

Last edited by Adrian; 05-06-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got my silver SA Sportsabzeichen through today
    P
    Many

Nice score, Jimm...I've always liked the look of these as well, and the silver looks great...nice detail on those miniatures too...makes for an attractive grouping, well done friend! You've been making some pretty good scores lately, and I thank you for sharing them with us....!
    cheers, Glenn

Very nice award Jimm!....

?

Thanks Glenn & Gunny , very much appreciated Chaps. Glad you like the pics.

?

You actually have a "Defense" badge Sir.... Type 1... The Type 1 and 2 SA "sports" badge has serial numbers in different locations on the reverse...

I too, love the look and story of the SA Sports/Defense badge. I enjoy the whole "sport" history of the TR....

?

From what I know - the "Defense" moniker was added because Hitler included "military drills" in the requirements to obtain the badge.. I believe in 1939 (but I would have to check that date). Type 1 SA Sports = 1934-35, Type 2 SA Sports = 35-39'.... Anything after 39' was a "defense badge."

Again - do not have my "citations" squared away on this post - my apologies...

Duff

?

My collection - missing a "few" for a 'complete' badge set.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got my silver SA Sportsabzeichen through today  

?

Thanks Very much for the info , something new i have learned there. Much appreciated. Your badges look great altogether , thanks for the pic .

My set of sports/defense badges...

?

Lovely collection , many thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast