Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grandfather's Medal "collection"

Article about: My Grandfather called me yesterday. He said that he is growing older, and he finally believes I deserve his collection. Apparently, his cousin was a POW Guard that would send home whatever h

Default Grandfather's Medal "collection"

My Grandfather called me yesterday. He said that he is growing older, and he finally believes I deserve his collection. Apparently, his cousin was a POW Guard that would send home whatever he could from the piles of confiscated German items. His cousin sent back many items home. Unfortunately, many of the daggers and guns he sent back were pawned or lost after the war. Luckily, my Grandfather hid a few medals and armbands when he was a child. He still has many of those today. He told me his favorite was (his exact words) a medal similar to the Iron Cross, but had the original owner's name engraved on the back. He also has what he believes is a close combat medal (?) His cousin also took pictures of the piles of dead Jewish workers (which, he does NOT want me to have). I'll have him take pictures of these later so you guys can identify them. I don't know much about medals/decorations, so bear with me. Thank you guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grandfather's Medal "collection"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Grandfather's Medal "collection"

Look forward too seeing the pics of the new items !

wow im looking forward to seeing these post as soon as you get em
    "the similar to an iron cross with name engrazed" is probably a iron cross 1st class as these were frequenty engraved with the owners name rank and serial number in both ww1 and ww2

tom

I'm going to call him soon, guys. He played cards earlier, so I couldn't get a hold of him.

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you get!

Quote by talltom View Post
    wow im looking forward to seeing these post as soon as you get em
    "the similar to an iron cross with name engrazed" is probably a iron cross 1st class as these were frequenty engraved with the owners name rank and serial number in both ww1 and ww2

tom
    I dont believe many were Tom, most fakers do this to try and get a better price

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Congrats! I can't wait to see what you get!
    I am really excited. Oh, and your PM box is full.