Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!

Article about: The things that turn up!!!!!!! Here is an interesting lot that came up for on-line auction yesterday in Germany – a ground dug group of unfinished late war Zinc Luftwaffe qualification badge

Default Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!

The things that turn up!!!!!!!

Here is an interesting lot that came up for on-line auction yesterday in Germany – a ground dug group of unfinished late war Zinc Luftwaffe qualification badge parts!!!!!

See how many you can spot – I see fallschirmjäger, pilots, observers, radio operators - some de-naz'd others not .....would have been an interesting catch! I put in an early bid but was quickly overtaken and it sold in the early hours of this morning ( in Australia ) for 136 Euros …… a bargain for some relic collector, yes??

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!   Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!  

Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ground dug qualification badge parts!!!

Strange little lot there Dan. I remember seeing a load of components for badges a guy found in the ground. Rows of untrimmed eagles etc all still fixed together from the factory. Or maybe it was belt buckle pieces now I'm thinking about it.....

Waste of money IMO.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Strange little lot there Dan. I remember seeing a load of components for badges a guy found in the ground. Rows of untrimmed eagles etc all still fixed together from the factory. Or maybe it was belt buckle pieces now I'm thinking about it.....
    I've seen 'factory seconds' of badges before up for sale, I wish I'd kept the pics now. There was a lot of various Heer badges which were unfinished/misstamped and had obviously been ground dug. It would've been good to see these pieces above a bit closer, not only to see if they're real, but if so, to see which maker they came from.

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Waste of money IMO.
    Why?

Some people collect relic pieces just as others collect mint items. We aren't to judge how someone else spends their money. If it was your money being spent then fine - I'm guessing it wasn't - so why is it a waste of someone else's money if they chose to spend it in this way?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....