Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

group of badges

Article about: hi, here is the next group of badges that i got in the past years, i like to know wath is real and wath is fake, thanks for your help

Default group of badges

hi, here is the next group of badges that i got in the past years, i like to know wath is real and wath is fake, thanks for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture group of badges   group of badges  

group of badges   group of badges  

group of badges   group of badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement group of badges
    P
    Many

Default Re: group of badges

All bad The first one is a fantasy item, the second one was deigned, but never issued. I'm not 100 % sure about the third one, but the details are pretty bad on it to be in such a good condition.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

The cloth BEVO U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen is generally considered to be fake. The only type believed to be real is of the similar style as the emboidered flight badges.
    The Luftwaffe Seekampfabzeichen (or Air/Sea rescue badge) is controversial. It was instituted at the end on November 1944. It is subject to debate whether any badges were produced, although Bob Hritz has or had an example that he believes to be one of the few examples that was. I don't know if these badges were awarded on paper or not. The example you've posted is not of the same type as Bob's and the hardware is the kind found on 1957 awards.
    The Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch looks acceptable but I can't find a match for the hardware so I'm not convinced this is a genuine example.
    Hopefully some other badge collectors can confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

they look good to me !! ..too good!! had to change that!! i dont know much as iam learning..sorry
    Last edited by pammy; 05-13-2010 at 12:51 AM.

No, they are all fakes IMO........
    As AdrianC. states about the pins, etc. !

Regards,

Steve.

?

steve, if you say there fake then they are fake! thats why i post things on here first!! but boy,are they good..i guess even the real old guys bought fake things ,,there everywere!!
    Last edited by pammy; 05-13-2010 at 12:49 AM.

not good but i had a funny feeling about this 3 pices, i dont spend mutch on them so it is not a big problem, thanks for the help

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    The cloth BEVO U-Boot Kriegsabzeichen is generally considered to be fake. The only type believed to be real is of the similar style as the emboidered flight badges.
    The Luftwaffe Seekampfabzeichen (or Air/Sea rescue badge) is controversial. It was instituted at the end on November 1944. It is subject to debate whether any badges were produced, although Bob Hritz has or had an example that he believes to be one of the few examples that was. I don't know if these badges were awarded on paper or not. The example you've posted is not of the same type as Bob's and the hardware is the kind found on 1957 awards.
    The Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch looks acceptable but I can't find a match for the hardware so I'm not convinced this is a genuine example.
    Hopefully some other badge collectors can confirm.
    You are right Adrian the Seekampfabzeichen is a very debatable subject. I wonder if we will ever know for certain about it
    World War II German Battle Insignia - Google Books

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I've been looking at Minensucher Kriegsabzeichen all morning and I can't find a match to this one. The closest I've come across is from Steinhauer & Luck but the catch assembly is different as is the shape of the pin.

?

Just to confirm, I sought (with klinger's permission) further opinions on the Minensucher Kriegsabzeichen from a couple more experienced Kriegsmarine collectors and they have confirmed it is indeed a fake badge, possibly based on a B H Mayer design.
    Add it to your fake files as I'm sure it will catch quite a few people out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast