Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.

Article about: Well here is my collection of Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch as it currently stands. I've posted them all here singly before but sometimes it's good to get them all out together! Still a long

?

Default Re: Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.

Thank you for your continued comments, much appreciated.

Steve, I like that badge alot, have you got a straight on shot of the back to see if the reverse flaw can be seen?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Adrian,

Great collection and quality there!

We're never done.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.  

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    I only have the one an early 57er with what I believe to be wartime parts, it will be interesting to see if it is a St u L version, as I intend to scrutinise the blast/waves parts using the table the other chap posted on these great badges !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve,

That's a fantastic and unusual very early S&L '57 in my opinion. It has the typical long irregular linear die flaw in the obverse wreath seen on all S&L '57 Minesweepers and bears the S&L "very early" '57 reverse hardware. Also, it has great patina and character like it's been worn with pride.

But what makes yours unique is it's the first one I've seen without the bent leaf flaw on the reverse. Perhaps struck with extra care, or hand finished to remove the flaw prior to silvering? Also, the pin lacks the linear scrape that you see in other S&L's with this setup so I suspect yours is the very earliest production from 1957.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.   Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.  

Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.   Group shot of my Minensuch-Kriegsabzeichen.  

?

Quote by Norm F View Post
    Hi Adrian,

Great collection and quality there!

We're never done.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Thank you Norm and thank you for posting your collection too! I never tire of seeing your comprehensive collection and fine way of displaying them. What is the backing material they're laying on and how do you keep them in position?
    Good to see the cloth badge in there too, from a German dealer I believe?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice Minensuch collections gents - Now I know where they all went.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

No kidding, Steve! I think between the 2 of these guys, theyve got enough to equip the Ost Fleet. Excellent groups!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Out of curiosity if someone was addicted/mad enough to try to collect all makers, grades, variants etc of these awards, how many pieces would we be talking about?

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Out of curiosity if someone was addicted/mad enough to try to collect all makers, grades, variants etc of these awards, how many pieces would we be talking about?
    Hi Glenn66,

There are only 21 or 22 makers (depending on whether you include the unknown flatback maker). There are no separate grades of the Minesweeper War Badge but there are a myriad of minor variants in material (Tombak or zinc) and hardware and maker marks (marked and unmarked). Currently there are 86 variants in the Classification Table, not including variations in finish.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    What is the backing material they're laying on and how do you keep them in position?
    Hi Adrian,

I bought the shadow boxes online from this site:
    Factory Direct Jersey Frames Baseball Display Cases Wall Cabinets Shadow Boxes
    The backing in the cases is styrofoam with a black fabric covering.

I make mounting loops out of paperclips and short segments of padded hair elastics (!) which I just push into the styrofoam backing and then just hook the badge onto them the same way they would be hooked onto a uniform.

Cheers.
    ---Norm

Thanks Norm, 86 variants!

I think i'll just admire your collection from afar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2