Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen Erdkampfabzeichen

Article about: Just got a zinker from a vet. Finish on the clasp only. Next to no paint. Sure looks goofy with no rivets but looks like that's the way they made them. Anybody got a clue what these are wort

Default Gustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen Erdkampfabzeichen

Just got a zinker from a vet. Finish on the clasp only. Next to no paint. Sure looks goofy with no rivets but looks like that's the way they made them. Anybody got a clue what these are worth at the moment? I can post pictures tomorrow. Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen Erdkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen Erdkampfabzeichen

Pics would be nice.....we like our pics here.

Here are the pics. DougGustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen ErdkampfabzeichenGustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen ErdkampfabzeichenGustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen ErdkampfabzeichenGustav Brehmer (G.B.), Markneukirchen Erdkampfabzeichen

It is a original "Brehmer" Erdkampfabzeichen,with a kind of catch,that is not often to find on this Brehmer Erdkampfabzeichen.

Joe

Thanks Joe; I was beginning to think that nobody had an opinion. Got a clue on it's value? Doug

Hi Doug,

it is always hard to say the value.Opinions are often very different.I see it around 250,- Euro (+/-) under collectors.Only my opinion!

I have been collecting this stuff for going on 50 years and can't remember ever having one before. What with some 22 ground divisions and the wounded and killed being awarded one I would of thought that it would be more common. But no. It also is an unusual variation without rivets and a clasp that is not common in a Brehmer. Anybody else have any comments? Doug

Brehmer made two variants of this badge, the only difference being the type of catch. Both were on a circular plate, but the one had a roundwire catch as opposed to the other which was flatwire as seen here. Neither badge has visible signs of being rivetted. The same catch can be found on zinc and buntmetal variants of their Luftwaffe and Heer Flak badges, as indeed can the roundwire type.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Brehmer made two variants of this badge, the only difference being the type of catch. Both were on a circular plate, but the one had a roundwire catch as opposed to the other which was flatwire as seen here. Neither badge has visible signs of being rivetted. The same catch can be found on zinc and buntmetal variants of their Luftwaffe and Heer Flak badges, as indeed can the roundwire type.

Regards, Ned.
    ..........and all Erdkampfabzeichen made by "Brehmer" are coming without a revit to hold the eagle.The eagle was directly soldered on the badge.That`s normal for this maker imo.