Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer 4/12 Year bar question

Article about: Don't worry guys, I didn't buy anything or do anything rash! I was just wondering because I can't see another Wehrmacht 4 Year medal on its own anywhere, only mounted with another medal.

Default Heer 4/12 Year bar question

Just wondering, I have never bought 2 medals on a bar before and to be honest I don't like how they look on it. Can they be separated easily or does this lose value if you do it? Also the ribbons look quite well arranged on the bar, do they go back to the normal style of single medals if you remove the bar/large pin etc? It's hard to see a ring on the medals as well in the pictures (that the ribbon normally goes through), should this be there? Thanks guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer 4/12 Year bar question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer 4/12 Year bar question

Dont mess with it!!! Keep it as it is meant to be !

Please show pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Dont mess with it!!! Keep it as it is meant to be !

Please show pics

Nick
    X2!...

If I understand you correctly, you consider the medals original, but simply don't like the way they look in mounted form? In that case, sell the bar on as it is, but please don't destroy it!

Hi, what I mean is, if you see a 2 medal deal like the two below which are joined together on the bar, can you separate them to make them look like the picture where they are next to one another without a problem?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer 4/12 Year bar question  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer 4/12 Year bar question 

No

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi

As has already been said, leave it as it is. If the original recipient wanted them like that, who are we to rearrange them to suit are particular collecting preferences? Just my opinion.

Cameron

Sell the bar and buy two seperate medals instead.
    That way you dont have to destroy an historical artifact and you will probably earn a buck or two in the process.

Another reason not to break up the bar is that the eagles are not centered on the ribbons and you would have to remove them and punch new holes in the ribbons to put them in the center, and by doing this you may break the eagels pins.

PLEASE listen to the advice given above and do not separate the medals, thanks.

Tom

?

Aaaargh!

Never ever seperate two mounted medals or any medals!!!!!

Buy them seperately if you want two medals but don't ever take a 70 year old medalbar apart. That would completely ruin a piece that someone else would be happy to own.

It's bad enough when groupings get split but to split medals like this is a HUGE no no!

Sell it and buy the things you want but don't make things you want out of pieces of history like this.

You wouldn't cut your Ferrari in half and leave both halves on the drive so you could enjoy the look of the front and the back at the same time...... would you........?

I need to lie down. Feeling a bit faint now..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast