Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions

Article about: Hi H.C, first i want also say welcome here in the forum and thank you for posting your Heer para badge.I am only a collector of the Luftwaffe para badges.The real Heer paras are to expensive

Default Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions

Hello All,
    could you please have a look at this unmarked army para badge.
    Is it a good or a reasonable dud? All opinions welcomed

Many thanks
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions

Hi Doug,

I've seen far too few of these to be able to offer much but I thought an eagle with a beard = bad.

Combined with the very poor details and reverse set up I don't think this is a good one.

Also, it looks like the catch plate is formed as part of the wreath which is also another bad sign.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Its a fake, bad eagle, hardware etc.

Hi Chaps,

I'm not too sure on this one, it does bear an uncanny resemblance to the 43 pattern Feinzink type badge. There were two types of catch made, the flat wire and round wire, although the round wire's catch plate appears molded into the reverse of the badge whereas the flast wire doesn't. Both catches should be 'C' shaped to be original, if they're '?' shaped that's a fake.

On the obverse, the beard on the eagle is typical on all type II badges whether Aluminium or Zinc. It also has the reinforced talon on the eagles foot that is also atypical of these type II awards. It could be argued that the soft detail is down to wear. I really don't know if it's good or bad, so best wait for other more informed opinions, as these are just things I have noticed by looking at a few badges.

Below are a couple of original examples, including an excellent pic of the two different types of catches and catch plates.

EDIT: Oh well, God loves a trier.....
    Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions   Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions  Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned,

You make some good points.

But......

The wreath eagle looks a lot like roadkill!

Compare the trimming outlines on the diving eagles, the details on these same eagles and especially the talons. There are marked differences in comparison to those examples you posted.

Note also the individual details on the oakleaves and also the positioning on the diving eagle on the wreath.

I'm not sure, might be the photos/flash on the piece that Doug posted but the base metal doesn't look right........?

Hello Fellows; I am new to the forum, and I have minimal experience with the 43 Heer paras. I only have silver grades, and they are with out the
    round catch plate. The Army Para badge is area I am familiar with. It ***** I could not get a 43, but I still have time. Big Ned you have shed light on this matter. Please if you would direct your attention to the later wing feathers of the 3 specimens. Do you see how the 1st example has broad choppy feathers with lack of full detail. The 2 examples Ned has provided have a more stream lined continuation to the tip "tapered".
    The 1st example blocks to the tip, and has too many segments "5". Army para and LW paras are 2 segmented from tip of the wing flight feathers back to the wing feathers. I would show you fellows one of my badges, but the Ned examples show this detail. I hope this helps?

Best, Humble Collector

?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    I only have silver grades
    Welcome to the forum, not sure what you mean by silver grades? I wasn't aware these badges came in grades. They had a gold coloured wreath and silver eagle and that's the only version that was produced........?

Thank you Adrian, Good to be here. You and I are on the same page. Yes the wreaths are gold and the eagles are silver. Back in the day we just called them the "silver grades' for they were either .800 or .900 silber. Just delux presentation pieces. Their are engraved versions and non-engraved. I am a para badge NUT! As you can see by my cloth example via avatar. They are more or less what I collect now. Sometimes I will pick up a KC.

?

Ah. I see now. You were talking about the genuine silver grades.

It would be very interesting to see your badges and how they compare to the zinc pieces here. Can you post up any photos?

I have 9 of them "If memory serves me well". Too many to send pics of all. 6 may be one of a kind examples! I have been very fortunate!!! Let me
    think on it ? Would I be doing the hobby a disservice by posting pics of certain ones? Before you and I know it repops will show up. I had this discussion with A.F before. Quite frankly I am at an impass!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast